1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Writing challenge (Forum Game) - into creative writing?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Charliesaurus, November 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charliesaurus

Charliesaurus

In-Game Name:
    Charliesaurus
    So here is something a little different to your usual kind of 'forum game.'
    However I'm sure that there are a selection of you which enjoy the passion of writing as much as myself... So here's an idea.
    For those who are interested, I think I might start posting regular things like this up for those interested in creative writing. Personally I've had quite the experience with it - in terms of forum roleplay etc etc.. So! Here's a game I want to play for those who are either, not sure if they like it, or are interested and wanna get involved!
    Below is a song, which I want you to write up a paragraph or two to. Just write about what it makes you think, story wise.. Write a short little story, or long depending on whatever depth you wish to go into! Let your imagination take you forward!
    I'll give an example..
    A metallic chink of his armor echoed throughout his abode. The threshold was quite an elaborate piece of architecture, one his father took most pride in. It was finally the day he would slay his way in to his manhood. Finally taking the head of the common mountain lion and bringing the fur and carcass home to his land. He polished his horses heal and brushed down the mane of the black stallion, whose silk coat reflected the early rays of dawn. Up went his foot onto the creature and down his weight came unto the saddle, the speed took him forward into what will become his future.
    It did not take moments before he came along one of the monstrosities which have plagued his land, and cast fear into the people of his village and their children. Almost instantaneously did his sword fall into the neck of the creature, and the animal let out his last growl. Slaughtering the being in his blood ridden hands he smeared the crimson liquid over his face and let out a courageous war cry to the Gods.
    See!? So! You kinda get the jist.. just make something up! :) Have fun!
    LOVE YOU! ​

2. Saint_Shadow

Saint_Shadow

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Saint_Shadow
    The passed thunder crashes against the sea, and every clash he took a shot. Every hitting it's mark. As his bowstring flexes his instinct sets in, and he is gone, he is the arrow, the tension, the bow. Nothing can stop him. But as he releases he spots a fair lady. His heart beats faster than light while noting her beauty. He mounts his horse, and rides. He passes, and kindly tips his hat to her, oblivious of her vile husband directly behind. She subconsciously moves forward but the wretched man grasps her wrist, slaps her and she stumbles to the ground and gestures his guards to kill the man. They ride with haste and he notices them behind, and begins to ride faster trying to avoid death. The guards knock him to the ground and he pulls his bow, piercing their hearts with each shot. As more approach he climbs to his steed and turns into a swamp, then men crashing sideways eventually find his path and injure his horse, and he tumbles forward. Vision blurry and ears ringing he runs. He runs for he knows that's all he could do. Whilst running through swamp and brush the guards tire and must stop. As he passes a rode he sees the woman, hobbling down the rode. He rushes to her and assists her wounds. The guards catch wind of the man and find them. The man and woman run as the man did before, barely escaping. They reach the village as a festival begins. They dance for quite sometime, lost in each others movements, only coming back to reality to stroke the others cheek or embrace. Near the nigh of the festival, there is thunder. The man squints in the air seeing no clouds and realizes one thing while he looks down the road. It’s an army of men. He peers far down the road with his eagle eye only to figure what the armies’ cause is. It’s the husband's army. The man will not run anymore. He grabs his beloved and the wicked husband's men run rampant through the village. The brutal husband finds them near a cliff leading to a lake, and the husband confronts him. As the army rode up the man reaches to his back, grasps his bow, pulls his bowstring and sees the fear in the vile mans eyes. He let go without care, but with precision, and as the army rushed for the kill, grabbed his beloved...

and jumped.

3. Charliesaurus

Charliesaurus

In-Game Name:
    Charliesaurus
    Eek! I loved it, love adorable little romances like that! Would make a brilliant idea if further developed and written into a novel! :) Only thing I have to say is you say "As he" a lot :') But other than that! Brilliant! x

4. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    On his steed he returned to his people. He was only 15 summers old, yet the burden of being a leader was given to him. He couldn’t possibly turn the position down, for nobody else was qualified to do it. They were desperate and needed something stable in the chaos.

Their home was destroyed, enemies invaded his land. It was a surprising attack, no one expected it. Lots of residents were killed, those who fled were few in amount. The group mostly consisted of women and children, most of the men were killed. Only two old men did escape in time. Even he was lucky to survive, he got stabbed and lost a lot of blood. Fortunately some of the women came back to search for survivors and found him, the son of the druid. They took him with them and healed him in their temporary camp. They moved around ever since to avoid being found by their enemies.

He came back from the hunt with some rabbits and foxes. The other little boys he took with him gathered some berries and plants. It was nearly enough to survive on, but he wasn’t so lucky to find a deer today. The sun was beginning to set and it was beginning to get cold. Winter was coming and they really needed to find a new hiding place.

When he came back with the boys they already made a campfire. It was common to sit around it with all the people in the evenings after dinner, just to be together. But this evening it was different, one old men began playing on his violin. Songs from their homeland and town. People began to dance, but he couldn’t. It pained him to think of all his friends and family which were killed. Deep in thoughts he didn’t notice that a girl, who he particularly liked, was sitting next to him. She said something, which he didn’t fully hear, but it got him out of his thoughts. He looked at her as she stood up and reached out her hand. He also stood up and took her hand and they began to dance in the group.

During the dancing he came to realize that you shouldn’t only think of the bad things. You also had good memories of the times and that you should cherish those memories. After all they can take whatever they want from him, but his memories will never disappear. And when he looked at how much his people enjoyed the music and the dance, he was satisfied. He looked into the eyes of the girl, and magically enough, a smile appeared on his face. One he never thought would return.

I just love Folklore music.

Saint_Shadow likes this.
  5. Charliesaurus

Charliesaurus

In-Game Name:
    Charliesaurus
    What I really loved about yours is the sheer simplicity of it - nothing too brash or adventurous, it was complimented by the music well. I find it interesting how so far we've all decided to stick with the kind of medieval male, warrior protagonist. :)

And yes... Beltaine are one of my many favourite folk bands. In love with that music genre. x

6. LlamaWithAGun

LlamaWithAGun

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    LlamaWithAGun
    Once upon a time... Irish music. The end

Saint_Shadow likes this.
  7. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    I am actually glad you came with that band. Now I am motivated to actually get back to my violin-playing. :D I dropped it for 1 and half a year now so I really should return to it after 11 years of playing. I know that fiddling especially is foklore skill, and I am not quite used to that (I practiced more classical, but also very beautiful, music). ;)

I wanted to keep it simple. English isn't my mother tongue (though my study is only given in English) and it is still hard to write in, it is even hard to write a good story in your mother tongue if you think about it. Anyway, I didn't have as much as time I would've liked. Had to read Descartes for my study, hehe, so I kinda quickly wrote it. But yeah that came into my mind when I heard this music, I don't even think of fighting only of happiness and memories if I hear this. But of course every imagination about this music is good, even if it is fighting or whatever people like. :)

I would love to see this project going on, with music and writing. After all music and stories are things I adore a lot. ;p

BigDeer likes this.
  8. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    I'll get up on this post, I'll promise;my mind isn't settled up,and as Mrs. Arwenden said,
    Let's not hide it, the folk song you chose is making my imagination go wild on that! I have faith on this thread to see the creativity of people, and,why not make a great-sized story with many fellows, or maybe a "Book" with all the poems,texts,and other writings;we can even create a song, I bet we have enough musician to make a kind of band (;

9. Saint_Shadow

Saint_Shadow

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Saint_Shadow
    Thanks. I agree with you criticism and fixed the story a little with grammar/spelling/as he-ing/etc.

10. Charliesaurus

Charliesaurus

In-Game Name:
    Charliesaurus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.