1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Tump's movie recommendations (No spoilers!)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tumpthedump, May 19, 2013.

1. Tumpthedump

Tumpthedump

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    TumptheDump
    Considering the surplus of movies that have come out, or will come out during the summer, I find making this thread a good idea, so that everybody can get the general knowledge of a movie before they see it, or if they even want to see it in the first place.

Any inhabitant of ImDeity Kingdoms will be allowed to write a recommendation of a movie they have seen, and want to share with everyone else.

Rules:

1- Only one recommendation per movie. I don't want to see any recycled movies anywhere on this thread.

2- No chit-chat at all is permitted on this thread. I would like this to be solely for recommendations.

3- Do not give away major parts of the plot for a movie! We want the people to go and see it, not to be bored because they know everything about it.

4- Have fun!

This will be the format of how I want you to make your recommendation:

-Title of movie-

-Submission by: *name*-

-Rating of Movie: (i.e g, pg, pg-13, R)

-Summary of movie-

-How good was the movie 1-10-

-Pros and Cons-

-Where they can find the movie (i.e Netflix, On demand, in theaters, etc.)-

Thank you for reading, and enjoy the movies!

2. Tumpthedump

Tumpthedump

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    TumptheDump
    Movie: Star Trek: Into Darkness

Submission by: TumptheDump

Rating: Pg-13

Summary: Unflappable James T. Kirk, captain of the Enterprise and his crew are back in a brand new, and very exciting adventure.
    When the people of Star Fleet's lives are in danger of the terrorist John Harrison, it's up to Captain Kirk and his crew to stop him.
    Harrison is stronger then Kirk thinks, and it will take more then just brute force to defeat an enemy like him.

How good was the movie: 7 1/2

Pros: The special effects in the movie are fantastic, and the acting is just as good.

Cons: It's a good idea to have knowledge of the previous Star Trek movies before going to see this one. I don't mean the one that came out 2009. I'm talking the ones from the late seventies, early eighties.

Where can you see this movie: It's in the theaters of America as we speak. I saw it 30 minutes ago.

3. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Wouldn't this be in General Discussions? X)
    Also,

Oblivion
    Submission by Majora64
    Rated PG-13
    Summary: Jack Harper (played by Tom Cruise) is a technician on a post-apocalyptic world, which is the result of a long war that led to the destruction of the moon. It's all routine until (while looking for downed droids) he finds an apocalypse survivor by the name of Julia, who he discovers was his wife before the apocalypse.

Personal Rating: 8.5

Pros: The acting is great, as is the storyline.
    Cons: It was a little difficult for me to follow the storyline at first.

Where to see it? 'Murrica.

Tumpthedump likes this.
  4. Zainehs

Zainehs

In-Game Name:
    Zainehs
    Movie: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Submission by: Zainehs

Rating: It's a 50 year old movie, I don't think they even HAD ratings back then. I'll assume it's 14A

Summary: A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.

How good was the movie: 9.0

Pros: Clint Eastwood at his finest. Old-school western.

Cons: It's a 1966 movie, so for people who like modern, big-budget movies with epic explosions and HD quality, it will be hard to enjoy.

Where to see it?: Easiest way to watch it is on Movie2k.to

5. Nohats

Nohats

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Nohats
    I think the terrorist's name might be a spoiler... Correct me if I am wrong but it thought it was supposed to be revealed in the movie but of course the hardcore fans would know him from the earlier movies

6. theminner304

theminner304

In-Game Name:
    TheClassyBandit
    -Battle: Los Angelus-

-Submission by: theminner304-

-Rating of Movie: 14A

-After a small meter shower along the west/east Pacific, and Atlantic Oceans. The US DND finds out that the meters are unique, they huddle together, and slow down before impact. The US Army is called in for evacuations from the meters, shortly after the meters aren't meters at all. They're alien ships attacking earth for it's water intending to kill the planets primary species (Us lol :p). But here's the catch, Los Angelus is the last city on a coast line that the US has contact with. They can't loose LA. -

-10 Outta 10-

-Cons: LOUD.-

-Available on Netflix (American), and on demand -

7. theminner304

theminner304

In-Game Name:
    TheClassyBandit
    Another great movie ^.^

-Batttleship-

-Rating of Movie: 14A

-Kinda like Battle: Los Angelus, but there's lots of explosions, a fail soccer goal, boats, aliens (again, really?), boats, moar explosions, lots of Rihanna, airplanes flying into stuff, Hawaii, and some WWII veterans who know how to drop a big one or two (LOL, I mean bombs not poop :D) -

-20 outta 10-

-Well, it's so loud that your ears ring when you walk out of the theater ._.-

-Netflix, demand, in-stores-

8. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    -Title of movie- Expendables

-Submission by: *name*- SpeedyGonzales9

-Rating of Movie: (i.e g, pg, pg-13, R) R — Restricted. Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian. Seriously, its violent.

-Summary of movie- http://www.fandango.com/theexpendables_v474338/plotsummary

-How good was the movie 1-10- Since its one of those movies I wouldn't mind watching over and over again, I'd have to give it one of my rare 10's.

-Pros and Cons- Pros: Its an action packed film that definitely won't lose your attention. Cons: Not enough screen time for Arnold Schwarzenegger. :p

-Where they can find the movie (i.e Netflix, On demand, in theaters, etc.)- You can definitely find it on Netflix, On Demand or any other video services such as a nearby Family Video or abandoned Blockbuster. :p

TiitanX and Tumpthedump like this.
  9. ripper34

ripper34

In-Game Name:
    XxNight_shadowxX
    Movie: Pitch Black (First movie to the Chronicles of Riddick)

Submission by: XxNight_shadowxX

Rating: R

Summary: A group of marooned space travelers struggle for survival on a seemingly lifeless sun-scorched world, along with Richard B. Riddick (Vin Diesel) a dangerous escaped prisoner, along with a bounty hunter William J. Jones(Cole Hauser), trying to turn Riddick in for money, and for revenge.

How good was the movie: 8/10

Pros: For a movie made in 2000 it had some pretty good effects and cg creatures, it also had a very good story line and I would recommend following the movies and watching the sequels to this one. (Personally I also liked this movie because it didn't involve Vin Diesel in a over exaggerated car movie, just my opinion though :p )

Cons: It's a bit of a mystery on who Riddick really is til the last movie, so there may be a bit of confusion through the other movies. It is also a big Sci-Fi movie so if your not into the whole space and alien planet thing then yeah.

Where can you see this movie: On Netflix (I know for sure on American, not sure about Canadian), or at your local movie store possibly.​

lgzblitz likes this.
  10. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    Movie: Warm Bodies
    Submission by: LupusOmegaX
    Rating: PG13
    Summary: After R saves Julie from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.
    How good was the movie: 7 1/2
    Pros: Very funny movie. Made me laugh a few times. Also, best viewed going in blind. Do not watch trailers or anything. Just the knowledge that I have given in the Summary.
    Cons: Has some pretty weird scenes. Ever so slight use of language.
    Where can you see this movie: In a theatre near you! :D

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  11. lgzblitz

lgzblitz

In-Game Name:
    lgzblitz
    -I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell-

-Submission by: Blitz-

-Rating of Movie: (R)

-Well. based of the book. which happens to be the same exact book the hangover is based off of. TuckerMax<3-

-i love the movie but ive had mixed reviews from friends, its between a 4-9-

-Pro - i find it hilarious. Cons- NOT CHILD FRIENDLY OR COUPLES FRIENDLY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM -

-i own a legit copy but im sure you can find one on netflix and such-

12. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    Office Space

Submission by: Cliff777

Rating of Movie: R

Office work can get very boring and aggravating, especially when the printer jams. But someone has a plan to escape boring work and never have to work a day in their lives.

My rating for this movie: 8

Pros: Very funny, I now understand a meme, lots of jokes
    Cons: Annoyed by a character, dry humor in some spots

I watched this movie on a DVD mailed to me by netflix (U.S.).

I like this thread :D

maxwell25937 and Tumpthedump like this.
  13. ripper34

ripper34

In-Game Name:
    XxNight_shadowxX
    Movie: Fear in Loathing in Las Vegas

Submission by: XxNight_shadowxX

Rating: R (I really mean this, if you are under the age limit do not watch it, there is a lot of illegal substance use and references, gore, lots of violence , and it's an old movie so it may be boring to some of you youngsters *waves cane in the air*)

Summary: An oddball journalist and his psychopathic lawyer travel to Las Vegas for a series of psychedelic escapades.
    How good was the movie: 7/10

Pros: It does have a few old references, and a few lessons in life, some parts are actually pretty deep if you look into there true meaning, next to that there is a ton of songs about this movie, also this is Johnny Depp at its finest, this was when he was young as well. Also I would advise you read the book before you watch this. If you didn't know, the book/ movie referenced and old poetic quote "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man" By, Dr. Samuel Johnson

Cons: Again, it is a very terrible movie, if I ever had kids, I would never show them this movie until a certain age maybe around 18-20 :p, but in all seriousness, if you aren't into 90's movies, you will not enjoy this at all, I can't stress this enough, if you are below the age limit do not watch!

Where can you see this movie: Netflix (American for sure, Canadian not sure) Possibly at a movie store, or at on Movies on Demand, DirectTv or RoadRunner I think

14. theminner304

theminner304

In-Game Name:
    TheClassyBandit
    Not a movie, but what the heck! It's entertaining!
    -Lost-

-Rating of Movie: PG14

- Oceanic Flight 815 crashes on a remote island in the South Pacific, the island however, has secrets and a rather odd way of protecting itself. 47 people survive the crash, but those numbers start to drop when some weird stuff starts happening.-

-The series is really good, theres not one episode that I wasn't thinking "What's gonna happen next!?" -

-Pros: Thrilling :) Cons: Some of the special effects look fake, but luckily, that's only one special effect :)-

-Netflix only, the series is done on TV :(-

iSquared likes this.
  15. Tumpthedump

Tumpthedump

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    TumptheDump
    Movie: Monsters University
    Submission By: TumptheDump

Rating of Movie: G

Summary: The origin story to the wonderful movie: Monsters Inc. The movie pretty much explains how Mike and Sully became friends, and how they became interested in scaring.
    This is a really wonderful movie, with fantastic animation (what do you expect from Disney/Pixar though?) a great story line, and a beautiful opening short, like most Disney/Pixar movies do.
    I burst out laughing at multiple points, and a lot of the scenes made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Pros: The animation was flawless. The character development, even better. Everything about it was fantastic.
    Cons: Nothing. I have no problem with this movie whatsoever.

Rating: 10/10

Where can I watch this movie?: It's in a movie theater near you, right now!

16. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    -Despicable Me-

-Submission by: iSquared-

-Rating of Movie: G

-Summary of movie:
    In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru, planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon. (Yes, the moon!) Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. The world's greatest villain has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes. (Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323594/plotsummary)

-How good was the movie 1-10: I say 10, since I loveeeee this movie!

-Pros: really fun to watch, has some serious (hidden) life lessons.
    -Cons: hmm.. None.

-Where they can find the movie (i.e Netflix, On demand, in theaters, etc.)- Since it's a movie from 2010, it's on DVD, Blu-Ray and probably Netflix etc. too!

Also, check out Despicable Me 2! It's in theaters now (or soon, depends on your country :p)!

We have all the seasons on Blu-Ray, though!

17. Tumpthedump

Tumpthedump

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    TumptheDump
    Pacific Rim

Submission by: TumptheDump

Rating of Movie: Pg-13

Summary of Movie:

Giant Robots. Giant Monsters. Put em together with a plot and some wicked cgi, and what do you get? A fantastic, 2 hour long hell of a movie.
    Now, to the plot: It's somewhere in the future, (2020, 2025) and aliens, a.k.a kaiju are attacking the earth! From a portal between two tectonic plates.
    The army has only one way to stop them: Giant Robots, or Jaegers. These robots go head to head with the aliens for a few years. Until the aliens adapt. And it's up to a small group of Jaeger pilots to stop them.
    Secondary Note: This isn't your normal action movie. It's a really silly robots vs. aliens flick, but it was really a lot of fun. I enjoyed myself quite a bit. :)

How good was the movie? 1-10: If you're looking for a plot and good actors: 6/10 If you're looking to go to a movie and enjoy yourself: 8.75/10

Pros: Great cgi, lot's of fun, better with friends.

Cons: Some of the actors aren't the best, also really loud.

Where can you find this movie?: In a theater near you!

Arwenden, bran_bash and ngennaro like this.
  18. TheKSisters

TheKSisters

In-Game Name:
    thisispointless
    -Title of movie- Back to the Future (1, 2 & 3)

-Submission by: *name*- Kristina (TheKSisters)

-Rating of Movie: (i.e g, pg, pg-13, R) All PG

-Summary of movie- A 17 year old kid named Marty has a friend scientist named Doc, Doc created a Time Machine that goes to the future/past. In each movie, there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

-How good was the movie(s) 1-10- Part 1- 8 Part 2- 9 Part 3- 9

-Pros and Cons- Pros: Lots of comedy, good plots, great actors. Cons: Lots of rude language

-Where they can find the movie (i.e Netflix, On demand, in theaters, etc.)- Demand and MAYBE Netflix (I don't have it so I don't know.)

Last edited: December 7, 2013
    Tumpthedump likes this.
  19. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Title of movie: A Moment to Remember (2004).
    Original title: Nae Meorisogui Jiugae (South-Korean).

Submission by: Arwenden

Rating of Movie: No idea.. (where can I find such things?)

Summary of movie: A Korean love story about a young couple's enduring love.
    Don't read more about it, just watch the movie.

How good was the movie 1-10: I give this movie a 9. This because it is a really wonderful story, and the actors are great! I was really touched by it and I cried which, trust me, almost never happens. Apart from that the soundtrack is also great, I will post it as well.

Pros: It is a well-written story. It also introduced me into the Korean film industry.
    Cons: It makes you feel very sad.

Where they can find the movie: Buy it, I do not know how people in America get to watch films? :p I mean as in whether they still go to a videotheque.
    However I found it on Youtube as well.

The Soundtrack

Tumpthedump likes this.
  20. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    rude language? like "whats the matter.....chicken?"

Sorry i only remember the doc using the s word like 1 time.