1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The future of Deity war/games (important xD)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by heinz_gruber, April 15, 2014.

1. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Hello there Deitians, Many of you have read my forum suggestions that i made along with Jackyoung999.

Today i make this post to inform and clarify what you can expect to see somewhere in the not too distant future.

As you know Deity added what we call "micro games" on hub world, each game lasts a very short time, but it is a very pleasant filler between restarts.

The addition of this is almost "coincidental" and was more of a case that main was down for some time due to the UID update, there is only so much back to back war everyone can play for many many hours while this update was attempted, so Deity added that and it seems to have been well received.

That in itself is enough to convince me that more variety of mini games is a great way to blow off steam after hours of concentrating xD

Since my initial discussion with Deity, he has had more time to think about how "reinventing events" can be implemented. It will be a work in progress as we go along, but we are hopeful to add a lot more as time unfolds.

What does this mean for the players and community?

Deity is taking the games ideas seriously, and we will see more being made from games that provide a short term distraction without having to invest lots of time and effort.

If a new player joins main or pvp and spends half a day mining for goodies, they will be upset if they die.
    Most people would be upset when faced with failure, but for the players who do not want to spend a long time getting invested they can still join the server and community and play some quick games or rounds of Deity war regardless of what time of day it is, Which to my mind is a pretty exciting prospect.

My theory is that by attracting different kinds of players we might be able to convert some gamers to townies, and townies to gamers if you get my metaphor xD

We do not have plans set in stone for "this game or that game" It is very much a "play by ear" type deal.

But what we can say is Deity war is to be expanded upon along with some other changes to the server which i am convinced you will find both exciting and enriching to our experience, but also streamlining things so that new players can learn our features faster with less help from the players, and navigate the server with greater ease to get to the juicy bits. xD

Of course we will still be the helpful friends we are, but spawning players with a well written book/starter guide will make a huge difference. Even if only a small percentage read/understand the book, it will lighten the load elsewhere, giving us somewhere else to focus our energy.

A toast to the server and to the future!

Thank you everyone for reading xXx

Happy Easter xD

2. 2mad

2mad

In-Game Name:
    2MAD
    Genuinely looking forward to seeing where this goes :D

heinz_gruber likes this.
  3. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    One thing that just irks me about war atm that addresses something you said in the original thread, Heinz, and would be easily changeable, is the seemingly random timing. It would probably get much more activity if it were every hour or half-hour, because then people wouldn't be interrupted from their activities and leave, they could plan and always know when the next war would be. Sometimes, little changes can make a big difference.

4. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    War will be on its own server running whenever we want it to run. Automated. No problems with timing as it is always available.
    Not every half hour or hourly.

5. gpekic

gpekic

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    gpekic
    I approve of this :p, this is a game changer for Imdeity... Gonna love to see what adventures await us, and new kinds of people! :D

heinz_gruber likes this.
  6. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    "Whenever we want it to run" War is a game of battles, I'm just saying that instead of having war run every however-long-it-takes, as it does now, have it run on nice-numbered times. People hate being pulled out of what they're doing, so if it ran at set times, it would be more convenient for war-lovers (and people planning around the war summon). If you're saying that war should be running constantly, that's an awful idea (no offense) because it would be like war now, which can have as low as 8 or so players on a good weekday, except spread out over the period of time, with nobody to fight at any given point.

Last edited: April 15, 2014
    heinz_gruber likes this.
  7. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Well it will be running all the time and this is non debatable. This is a try and see what happens. Your opinions are noted, but there are many positive reasons which you dont grasp yet, and with good reason, the information here is very limited, but soon the plans may be revealed and as it is Deity who said this is a good idea, who am i to argue with him?

One possible response to your concerns regarding no people to play war with, well this is true when the server is quiet, but what happens if 8 people log in, and want to play war, then have to wait 30 mins to begin, then 2 players go offline, those 6 people cannot play war then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (this is not confirmed but it is a likely option)
    Having small, medium, and large maps with different minimum player settings will help ensure that you do not have huge maps with 2 players. but you could have a small map with 4 players which turns it into a 2v2.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So having it hourly or half hourly excludes people from the war just as much as it keeps it fresh. Truly a double edged sword in my opinion. I would argue that having it available at all times means a group of people on main can finish a town project then go straight off and play a mini game without any messing around, or players falling asleep while waiting.

I simply do not wish to reveal too much at this early stage, but have Faith in Deity's decision making abilities please xD

I am merely offering a teaser with this post.

8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    This isnt a debate thread, this is me presenting you with the information as it currently stands

(thanks heinz for the inside scoop i hear you whisper)

I have chosen to let you all in on something Deity has decided to try.
    End of story bottom line. if you have a better suggestion then Post a suggestion thread and see what happens xD

9. Sapkins

Sapkins

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Sapkins
    ....I like toast....
    This sounds like a great idea

Keep it Sappy ;)

gpekic and heinz_gruber like this.