1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Takeo's Braindump

Discussion in 'Art of ImDeity: Kingdoms' started by KILL3RTACO, September 16, 2013.

1. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Nope

2. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    They're just aesthetic? (and I assume the player is supposed to spawn away from the wall shown there)

3. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Yeah, its basically just for the player to know that the warp is in the center

4. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Hey there, it's been a while. I've worked a lot on the plugin over the past few weeks. This post, as well as the next two, will explain a few new features that will be added to the game. As always, feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

New Mechanic - Weapons!

This mechanic is taken from a few different sources: DeityWar and FPS games like Halo/CoD/Destiny. You may notice that in DeityWar you are a given a variety of weapons. These are basically the usual weapons with enchantments to modify the damage and such. But in order to make a game more fun and give it even more variety, I've taken these weapons, brought them to my basement, and together with my time-traveling T-rex named Trevor, I made the weapons more fun.

Weapons are customizable items that can have different effects depending on its use. These are just a few of the weapons that are included:
    • Thor's Hammer (id: mjolnir) - A stone axe that strikes lightning where you're looking when you right-click
    • Rocket Launcher (id: fishbones) - A bow that creates an explosion with the same force of tnt when it hits a player or block
    • SniperScythe (id: crescent_rose) - An iron hoe that does extra damage and fires a small fireball (blaze fireball) when you right-click
    And yes, if you noticed, I plan to put video game/fandom/internet references in the game.

Weapons can also have ammo, however by default they have infinite ammo. Ammo is displayed as your xp level.

5. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    New Mechanic - Kits!

Most of you already know what this is, or call it a different name. In DeityWar, the weapons/ammo/potions/food that you get is the kit. For those of you who play FPS games, you probably call this a loadout.

The idea of Kits is simple, provide a simple config that defines the weapons and food. Kits can have no more than 9 items, (the amount of items in the HotBar) the rest are ignored.

GameTypes can also force a Kit, meaning that instead of choosing one from a Playlist (see below), it will get a kit based on its ID and use that one, regardless if it's included in the current Playlist.

Last edited: September 28, 2014
    Tallpines likes this.
  6. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    New Mechanic - Playlists!

This idea is taken from other FPS games that have this feature, such as Multiplayer Matchmaking in Halo. The concept of a Playlist is that only certain GameTypes and Kits can be used with certain Maps. Playlists are useful if you only want to play certain Maps, or you don't want to play certain Maps.

There is a 'default' Playlist included with the plugin that will always include all Maps, GameTypes, and Kits.

7. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Also posting this so others can see:

Yes, if you want to build your build your map anywhere on ImDeity, that's fine as long as you tell me where it is and I can get to it. Whether it be near a town or in a Creative plot, I need to know where it is.