1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Shop Additions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by HaydoJ, January 26, 2015.

?

Do you like these ideas presented?

Poll closed February 16, 2015.
  1. Both of them, Yes

50.0%
  2. Both of them, No

21.4%
  3. Only Idea Number One

21.4%
  4. Only Idea Number Two

7.1%
  1. HaydoJ

HaydoJ

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    HaydoJ
    Hello,

The current shop system works well, but I feel it could be improved. BarryX15, suggested a design as shop in the link from his profile post 'Imdeity Shops 2015' and there have been many other suggestions about the shops too.

I have two ideas to present today. The first one is inspired by another of Barry's threads, which suggests craftsmen should be able to place signs with coloured text.

1. Mall Shop owners could/have the ability to place coloured text (inside their shop only) to promote sales, show a rare, unique items or even to just dress your shop up. If the ability for craftsmen to place coloured text on signs can be added, I would think merchants could too. The only issue may be restricting the ability to inside their shop.

2. Special Deals/Offers- As a promotion, A merchant may wish to go into their /ch tc and say "Selling X for X dei. 10% if you buy it through me as a town resident. (Or maybe friend discount rates)

The command to see available promotions could be:
    /mall {colour} {number} promotions/p

Once a list of available promotions has shown, you would need to enter a four digit code as determined by the shop owner. The owner would tell you the code, and if you didn't know the code, obviously the deal wasn't for you.

The command to start a promotion for a mall owner could be:
    /mall {colour} {number} set promotion/p {item} {amount}

The command to activate a promotion from a regular player with the code could be:
    /mall {colour} {number} promotion /p {code}

The promotion would run for as long as the owner desires. A command to cancel the promotion could be:
    /mall {colour} {number} promotion/p {code} cancel

I hope these ideas can be implemented into the server soon.

Many Thanks,
    HaydoJ

Please note: promotion/p - the /p would be a shortcut, like /ch offtopic is /ch ot

2. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    An interesting idea I think could work is the ability to set an alert message for when a player steps foot in the shop it gives that message, something similar to town board messages when you /t spawn into a town.

The command could be something simple as /mall set board <message>

You could use color as well making it look appealing

3. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    That's actually really easy with worldguard. There is an existing flag, that could be setup as a command shortcut or something.

4. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Promotions isn't really something that can be done. The ChestShop plugin is not maintained by ImDeity, it's a 3rd party plugin that allows the signs placed by chests to become shops.

The promotion thing itself would require a shop plugin that didn't use a physical shop, because you cannot change the sign text for people that only know the promotion code. Signs in minecraft don't work that way. They have to look the same for everyone, so everyone would get that price.

You could make the suggestion to the author of the ChestShop plugin. It's such a simple plugin though and hasn't changed fundamentally for years, so I think that'd be too much of a change.

asdfjkll likes this.
  5. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    This is incorrect. It is possible to display different sign contents on signs. It just requires a protocol/packet hack and some NMS stuff. ProtocolLib can do that. Take a look at this plugin on BukkitDev, it displays individual content depending on the player receiving the sign. (That plugin that was linked also includes an API to set different sign data for players).