1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Server wants to know: Class perks

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by SaintThunder, April 25, 2015.

1. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Hello Deitians! The server would like to ask all of you for ideas about how to make classes better/more interesting. We would like to focus on making gameplay more exciting, and our class system could use some extra perks. Craftsman currently have the most perks, and while we would love ideas for options we can pursue in the future, Nobles and Merchants don't have quite so many perks. Please let us know anything and everything you have on your brain regarding class perks!

Zone, dogwatch, Qazz and 2 others like this.
  2. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
  3. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    As far as Merchants go, I believe that the third level of that class should be able to place a few shop chests (3-8, not quite sure how many) anywhere on the map. Somewhere like their town spawns, in front of their houses in their towns, or somewhere else. This way, things such as diamond tools and food or items commonly used by the town can be easily distributed and it helps out new players who aren't quite acclimated to the server.

Vinn_R, Clemo56, NiceraIzCool and 2 others like this.
  4. SirTim62

SirTim62

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    SirTim62
    I think that it would be cool is to have a way to pick two but the perks are halved. The reason I say is that many ppl got 2 or even 3 accounts and you bet they are all three class'. I want to be of the merchant class also but I love craftsman class. It is almost like in order to make money in the craftsman class you have to be friends with a bunch of ppl ,sadly I am not. So if I had that specialized or as I like to call it a hybrid class. I could make DEI with the cool pickax I enchant in my mini shop. And 1 other thing if I could sell enchanted things in auction would help.

5. Niall

Niall

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Viaire
    Nobility:
    • Area log-block
    • Increased amount of times you can claim noble salary per a day - Level 1 = 4, Level 2 = 5 and maybe level 3 = 6
    • Reward for review points = After getting the 100 review points required for you to upgrade to the future level 3 noble class, review then become useless and it would be nice if you could collect receive review points from players and transfer them into rewards for example 5 review points being worth 50 dei. It's a small gift that new players can give to noble people for the help they've received when they join the server.
    Merchant:
    • /Money top - It's not really a perk but could be useful for merchant as some of them may have a goal to become the most successful and richest player on the server and while you can currently see the most successful shops you cannot see the richest players.
    • Tax cuts - I don't currently own a shop but believe players pay 15% tax on sales? maybe if upgrade to the next level of merchant or hit a certain amount of sales you could receive a tax cut..like if you've sold 50,000 dei worth of items you would pay 10% tax on the profits instead of someone who had only sold 25,000 dei worth of items who would pay 15% tax as this would give merchants motivation to beat other shops in prices to avoid paying more tax on profits.

6. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    For Nobles: Bonus plots granted to their town, or maybe a certain number of tax free plots to help cover town infrastructure.
    For Merchants: A lot of people have talked about chest shops outside the town, but what about selling/ buying from a mule or donkey?
    It would also be interesting if you could make certain tools degrade more slowly for different classes. As a laborer, I primarily make money from building or supplying merchants. It would go a long way to having my class support resource gathering.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  7. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Bonus tax relief on certain plots, i like this idea, we could inspire basic nobles to reach for count status by getting those review points.
    And for each rank maybe lord is 10 plots, and count could be 25.
    These numbers might sound like a lot to some people initially, some great builders will be very keen to get extra financial aid to cover extra build plots, Especially when i look back and think how many plots can be used for farms or for a nice spawn or public builds or even roads.

I am not sure how many Counts there are on the server, but in order to get there you need review points, and i know that took a lot of effort to get those points. So i think 25 for counts is Reasonable

The effect can be cumulative so that a town with 10 lords, would have 100 free plots, now thats not really all that many when you think of the size of some of the large towns on the previous map, some towns including my own had hundreds of plots that were roads and i think this could really help the town developers with their city building, by giving the lord a perk that gives the town a buff instead of the player getting a buff sounds very nice to me indeed.
    When you think about the number of players that get to the top rank, most of those are the core community players, so extra incentives for new players would be even greater, especially as the noble class is definitely lacking somewhat atm, the salaries are good, and the logblock is fine, i preferred the sponge-block log-block for counts on the last map however, the wooden pic is inferior. EDIT I did not know the sponge block was working again as a logging tool.

And as mentioned on many other threads, i wish to bridge them by suggesting maybe a Mayor Count can get an extra perk, where he can
    /t blacklist (name) just to prevent certain players from being added to town by other staff members.
    Clearly half the server was against the idea, but that does not mean we can ignore the rest of us who would like to have more control.
    Plz don't message me saying this is a bad idea, more than 50% voted yes for it on another thread, and those 50% need representation.

Thanks for reading guys xD

Last edited: April 26, 2015
    asdfjkll likes this.
  8. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    One little request to begin with - give rank 0 at least something.

Craftsman Class
    Just finally give Rank 3 that forbidden stuff.
    Rank 0 = Worker
    - can place [Lift] signs (currently placeable by Rank 1 +)
    - can place signs with colored text (see this suggestion)
    - can enchant all items using an enchanting table with at most 6 bookcases (giving the ability to have up to 12lvl enchant)
    - can place rails, powered rails, detector rails (currently placeable by Rank 1 +, keep current costs)
    Rank 1 = Laborer
    - can place [Lightswitch] signs (see this suggestion)
    - can enchant all items using any enchanting table (same as current)
    - can place water, ice, piston redstone dust, redstone torch, redstone repeater, redstone comparator, redstone lamp, redstone block (same as current, keep current costs)
    Rank 2 = Artisan
    - can place [Switch] signs (see the same suggestion as for Lightswitches)
    - can use brewing stand (same as current)
    - can place dropper, hopper, daylight sensor (same as current, keep current costs)
    Rank 3 = Architect
    - can place lava bucket (200 Dei), sticky piston (500 Dei), dispenser (1000 Dei)
    - no other perks necessary

Merchant Class
    Add new stuff from 1.7 and 1.8 updates to auctions (flowers, prismarine, sea lanterns, slime blocks, banners, mouton and rabbit food, rabbit feet, etc.) - beside that, all that merchants need is more shop space (would need to redesign shops and rethink shop bidding system).
    Rank 0 = Trader
    - can run 1 simultaneous auction (can start another right after one ends)
    Rank 1 = Vendor
    - can run 2 simultaneous auctions
    - can bid for rank 1 shop (5 wide, 3 deep, 4 tall, see bottom right line here)
    Rank 2 = Financier
    - can run 3 simultaneous auctions
    - can bid for rank 2 shop (5 wide, 5 deep, 5 tall, see middle line here)
    Rank 3 = Tycoon
    - can run 3 simultaneous auctions
    - can bid for rank 3 shop (5 wide, 7 deep, 5 tall, see top left line here which also has an option for additional 5x2x2 blocks under the roof)
    - can offer jobs (see this suggestion)

Nobility Class
    There is little to add because this class should be more related to town perks, however more powerful logblock would help.
    Rank 0 = Squire
    - can collect nobility salary if mayor or assistant (already works)
    Rank 1 = Lord
    - can use logblock with wooden pickaxe (already works)
    - can be the mayor of Town/City/Metropolis (already works)
    - can collect bigger nobility salary if mayor or assistant (already works)
    Rank 2 = Count
    - can use logblock with sponge (already works)
    - can be the king of a kingdom (every Lord can be a king atm)
    - can collect bigger nobility salary if mayor or assistant (do Counts get more than Lords atm?)
    Rank 3 = Duke
    - can use area logblock (similar to moderator command)
    - no other perks necessary

lmvvml, Vinn_R, dogwatch and 10 others like this.
  9. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    For nobles I would like to see co mayors who are dukes (maybe even counts) be able to receive a noble salary. Seeing as I am a co mayor in Somerset (scoutdog75 originally made the town) I am not able to receive a noble salary. This makes the class mostly useless to me as the only perk I get is the logblock tool and I have no way to make money like the other classes do. I think this would be pretty cool for other comayors like me :p

heinz_gruber likes this.
  10. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Also already in the works. :)

11. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Remembering how /creative worked for craftsman - perhaps merchants can acquire those special items for each tier in /creative that they reach. ( the items suggested by Barry ) and likewise a noble salary percentage increase or incremental increase of tax free plots for each tier in /creative.

*On the premise that /creative will be functioning as before*

- hmm, just now realizing that some merchants and nobles chose their respected classes due to a lack of interest in building in the first place.

12. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    It would make sense to have more than one way to reach a tier. Town staff are supposed to do more than just recruit so having a building route to advance shouldn't be out of line.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  13. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    its a good idea, but i think it would undermine the people who already put in the effort to get the review points for noble if they could just build something and rank up for it. Review points take way longer than a build.

Last edited: April 27, 2015
    BarryX15 likes this.
  14. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    Maybe some component of it then. It used to be that you could be reviewed right off so it was much easier to get review points quickly. With the change in how review points can be earned about a year ago; it's much harder to rank up. And I know I've donated my review points to others as I saw no benefit beyond Count. I imagine others have done the same so a lot of staff haven't necessarily had to put in as much effort. I always thought of it as a component of town staff working together.

15. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Since it was added, the review point system hasn't changed. It has always been that a new town member could review right away, but they had to be on the server less than 14 days in order to do so. Nothing with that has changed, at least not that Deity has said, and he would be the one that would have made any changes.

Also, your rank in creative will only ever be a factor in what rank class you have for the Craftsman class. Each classes requirements are based on what the specialty for that class is.

Craftsman class - Meant as the laborer and builder class, hence the creative rank requirement since creative ranks are based on building skill/creativity.
    Merchant - Requirements based on buying/selling in/with shops and auctions.
    Noble - Requirements based on review points provided by recruits to their towns.

And just a short response to Barry's post above:

Per Deity, Rank 0 will never have perks. That is the 'entry level' rank just to get into the class. Actual perks will always start at Rank 1 in each class.

zoroa_14 likes this.
  16. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    No benefit beyond Count, yet.

17. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    I've had quite a few new recruits that hadn't been on the server that couldn't review right away in the last year. Although I stopped trying awhile ago for that reason. I'd have to retest it again.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  18. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Yeah that was back when new players had to be registered for a little bit of time, but not more than 2 weeks i recall, either way it was not straight forward, i remember it well tef xD

19. Clemo56

Clemo56

• Vip
    Definitely second this idea.

asdfjkll likes this.
  20. Vinn_R

Vinn_R

• Gold
    This is an amazing idea, as not only would it help the merchants but everyone else - easy access to goods is beneficial to growth.

Clemo56 likes this.