1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Repopulate Imdeity Kingdoms!

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by skippyjr11, August 4, 2014.

1. skippyjr11

skippyjr11

In-Game Name:
    skippyjr11
    It has come to the attention of myself and my friend (CJDanglex2) that Imdeity isnt as it used to be. We used to have 200 plus people on everyday, events that went up to 36 matches, and so many towns. Whatever happened to that? I get on today to only see 8 people on Imdeity when it deserves that 200 plus. I say we need to fix that and get Imdeity back to that number 1 spot. We could take it slow at first, tell friends to play to slowly increase player count. Then we can start advertising. Get Imdeity back to the top where it is supposed to be. Everyone can chip in. If everyone tells 1 friend to play that already doubles the player count. Imagine what we can do from there. Spread the word! Lets repopulate Imdeity Kingdoms!!

2. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    I love the spirit!
    For everyone: The best way to get a game/server populated is to make it fun and have friends playing. Telling/inviting friends to the server is a great way to get ImDeity out there. Posting it on your fb/twitter/etc. is another great way. One of the best things we can do to help keep the people we get is to hook them at the start. For a game like MC, that means interaction! New players are quick to judge a server and quick to jump to another if they don't feel accepted. I know it can feel annoying sometimes, having to give 'instructions' to every new player that comes online; but think how you felt when first logging in. Noobs are exactly that, new. They want to play and have fun. They want to understand the game. Some players do real well getting new players into their town quickly. But it takes more than that. They need to be shown how to interact, how to gather materials, and how to create! For the ones who 'break chat rules' and other small annoyances, try not to jump on them too hard at first. Quite frequently I don't respond to a noob's incorrect use of chat channels at first; knowing that other players will help 'police' the infractions. If they continue, then I get involved.
    Back to the main point, tell your friends, schoolmates, co-workers. If you like playing MC and like playing it on ImDeity, don't be afraid to let people know. If someone you know wants to try it, try to be on when the first log in. And if you are online when a random person logs in, make them feel welcomed. (I did not know any ImDeity players in real life the first time I logged in. Now I count a good many of you friends.)
    And remember, it's just a game! Don't get into the drama. Relax, chat with friends, create great wonders, and have fun!

3. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I like the enthusiasm, but you cannot force people to play a game if they do not want to, I may be an active community member, but after 4 solid years of minecraft, good luck getting me to enjoy it like i did on the first day. I brought my friends to the server, but they didnt get hooked like i did, i will still come on but invariably, and i am sure there are many old community vets who simply dont enjoy it so much anymore, as the saying goes, you can have too much of a good thing xD

But by all means i wish you luck in getting more players to the server. I read your post, and think "what happened to my enthusiasm"
    I was once like you are now, But bear in mind this is the holidays, so many people are on vacation.

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  4. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    The server is not dying. For the past 2 and a half years I always hear about the server dying but I don't see it.

1. You compare the number of people online as 200+ before to 8 now. I recall 12 people being online before and over 120 today. How is it that we have these different statistics? It is because you compare the prime time of the server to a time where most people sleep. When I get on in the morning it is 8 am in European Central time and 3am on American central time and I see 5 people on because everyone sleeps at these times or is at work or school. When I get on at 9pm ECT I see about 40-80 people (depending on the day of the week) and when I get on here at 3am ECT I see over 100 people (also dependent of the day and month).
    So, you cant expect to have 200+ people online all day long, people have stuff to do, important stuff, like sleep.

2. Lets look at the players who used to be here and the players that are here now. The average age of an minecraft player is 11-13 years old. Most players are of this age. Sadly ImDeity does not have any demographics, but I found a server (which wont be named) that has similar properties as this one and a survey of 4800 of their players from the time period 2011-2012. These are some of the results of the survey and you will notice how similar they are to our demographics:

• 87% Say their favorite game type is survival
    • 33% say their favorite aspect of the game is building, 11% mining, 24% exploring
    The average age of ImDeity and server like it is around 17, larger than the average Minecraft age of 11-13. And our average age grew in late 2012- early 2013 which means that a lot of those 13 year olds went away. Where did they go? Well lets take a look at minestatus under 3.

3. Minestatus- MOST IMPORTANT:
    Everyone complains about us falling from the top 5 of minestatus to 36. Well, look closely and you will notice the reason why we dropped. Back in 2011-2012 we were at the top tied with similar servers, servers that also had towny, economy, mining, ect. But now look at the server in front of us:
    Minigames: 19
    PVP factions: 7
    Tekkit: 3
    Creative: 2
    Survival: 4

There are only 4 server that offer normal survival that are in front of us. So this is what happened, this is also where all the younger players went. They all went to the minigames servers, those servers can attract and support hundreds of players, and all of them vote and get them on top of minestatus. But in theory we are still the #5 server when it comes to regular minecraft survival.

4. Impications for 2014/15

We all heard that mojang has forbidden the exchange of in game perks for money in order to facilitate equality in their game. This means that servers will no longer be legally allowed to hand out premium perks for money. This action will hurt every server, a server with a strong community and lower costs like ours can survive this. All the minigames servers need a lot of money to keep going, they need to pay for lots of ram and high speed connection to reduce the MOST hated thing in all online games- lag. Meaning that if mojang decides to push trough their lawsuits to the big servers they will surely die instantly.

After reading all of this you deserve a deity head, here it is: :imdeity:

Last edited by a moderator: August 24, 2014
  5. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Skippy, i am not a master of long paragraphs so let me be a bit personally offensive: I checked that you didnt post anything on forums for a year and half. Where have you been when the server needed you to increase the population?

6. skippyjr11

skippyjr11

In-Game Name:
    skippyjr11
    I was playing every so often. Im just not a huge forum guy

Chub_Master101 likes this.
  7. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Does this mean that donator perks are illegal?! Or are they still ok because all we're giving out is ; tp, flying, and money, and not things like level bajilion swords and armour and speed.

8. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Yes, the donator perks have become an issue for Deity as well, I heard that he is going to stop giving out donations. No one knows what will happen to the donation perks that were given out in the past.

9. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Oh, well that's sad :(

10. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    How's he going to keep the server running then? Donations in some form should be possible :/

11. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Well, there are members who are willing to donate money from the goodness of their hearts not just for perks. Deity does not disclose the server hosting price to the public, but a server this size costs around 50-80$ a month, a yearly total of 600-960$. So a few donations a year of some of the more loyal players would be enough to cover up the costs of the server.

Trekar_Sil and Stephfork like this.
  12. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    We should repopulate! Everyone find a partner and start making babies.

13. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    giggity

14. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    *Looks at Melvin*
    I think we will be able to keep them, waiting for an answer from mojang though

15. Chub_Master101

Chub_Master101

In-Game Name:
    Chub_Master101
    I see what you mean I logged on and not even ImDeity himself was on

16. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Imdeity does have a life outside minecraft too. I believe he actually away right now.

17. Chub_Master101

Chub_Master101

In-Game Name:
    Chub_Master101
    Oh now I know

I have spread the word

Last edited by a moderator: August 6, 2014