1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce mob spawn rates

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by tridler2710, February 14, 2012.

1. Darkelftenak

Darkelftenak

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    darkelftenak
    there are tons of mobs but because of it iv started to offer being a bodyguard to people who dont have sufficient armor and weapons. . i think i ended up killing something or two every 5 seconds in the mine world. well if you average out the mobs i saw. got great loot but was kept really busy. i dont mind the mob spawn rates. i find it gives me a chellenge. a good strategy is to do the three diamond votes a day and gain yourself enough to make a set of armor before venturing out then in turn you could sell all the mob drops and gain dei to buy more diamonds for more armor. although it may not be a very good strategy it works the best for me

ImDeity likes this.
  2. ThriftyRicepie

ThriftyRicepie

I want more mobs so I can make money!!!!

3. Zeradeth

Zeradeth

In-Game Name:
    Zeradeth
    My problem is that while I dont mind mobs, when they were less concentrated I could avoid them. My computer is very laggy, and I cant fight more than 1-2 mobs at a time without fps slowing to almost nothing. I enjoyed it before when there were less mobs, allowing me to run around them if I was in a hurry (which is what I do in Vanilla and SSP, dodging mobs is possible.) Now, I can't get around them, and can't fight due to lag, and they spawn even on lighted paths, although less. Then the creepers left over in the day do the same thing. I love this server, but I am a Merchant. I don't want to go mining, I don't want to fight mobs constantly to get out my front door. As it is, getting to and from my house for trade items has become ridiculous. And since creepers destroy items, I will often be on the way to a trade, and lose the stock I was carrying. I have burned through 2 sets of diamond armor in 4 days, trying to fight through just in my town.
    I love imdeity, I really do, but if the mobs are here to stay, please let me know so I can find another server. My computer cannot handle them all.

4. Leoj542

Leoj542

In-Game Name:
    Leoj542
    The mobs can be sometimes be fun to....ya know.... go sparta on....
    But yes they need a little bit spawn reduction

5. Zeradeth

Zeradeth

In-Game Name:
    Zeradeth
    I'm not sure if I have just been wickedly lucky, but walking around town mobs were back to a manageable level, even after afking for a while. I don't know who to thank, or again if I have just been lucky, but Thank you either admins or the universe for taking pity ^_^

6. Pie Lover

Pie Lover

In-Game Name:
    opiaopia15
    In Anvil I have a problem with mobs (they try to kill me) PLEASE work hard to reduce the amount of mobs!

7. Secretbox

Secretbox

In-Game Name:
    Secretbox
    Hate all the mobs ganking me lol

8. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    I spent several in-game nights this week clearing land in ScarletDawn. Little to no light in the area. Also, not many mobs.

The more these posts go on, the more I am convinced there are spawn points, of some sort, and you guys must live or have towns near an unfortunate confluence of them. Other than 1 or 2 spots around my area of town, there are rarely mobs near me.

One thing I did notice, is that since the spawning rules changed (roughly), daylight-sensitive mobs don't burn up and die until you get into viewing / aggro range of them. Very weird to get shot by a flaming skele at noon!

9. xxgoofxx7

xxgoofxx7

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xxgoofxx7
    It is rediculous...

[​IMG]

xTylan likes this.
  10. greeniegirl0506

greeniegirl0506

In-Game Name:
    greeniegirl0506
    I would love if mobs were reduced

11. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    Folks, let me show you something. . .

Mobs + You killing them = Exp

Exp + Enchanting Table = Higher Level Enchants

Higher Level Enchants = Be happy there are a plethora of mobs for you to kill

Use your enchanted armor to become a mob-resistant, mob-murdering machine.

12. holyrollerss

holyrollerss

In-Game Name:
    holyrollerss
    glad the mod rate was reduced...got tired of cowarding in my house all the time

13. boblikespie1

boblikespie1

I think that they should keep the amount of monster spawns, or increase it. Mainly because if we can kill more, we can get more XP and get better items.

14. bokruelas

bokruelas

In-Game Name:
    leoruelasjr
    Wow. I'm happy that the mob spawning got reduced before I started playing XD

15. Zarazayn

Zarazayn

I'm fairly new, but I haven't seen a problem. Yes, mobs will spawn a lot. However, with the help of even a trusty wooden sword and some battle strategy, you can dispatch them without difficulty.

My only doubt is with Zangetsu. That amount of mobs is insane, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

16. alexander122297

alexander122297

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    alexander122297
    Im loving the spawn rate now. It got so boring seeing only a creeper or 2 a night. Now it feels like im fightin a zombie invasion or enderman army every night! :)

17. stewiepro777

stewiepro777

In-Game Name:
    stewiepro777
    I would suggest decreasing the light level that allows mobs to spawn. Most people seem to have problems with mobs spawning in the wrong areas (such as in towns, or even in your house). Those who want to grind mobs can still do that in the wild, or in the mine; but please, keep the towns clear.

I agree that it is a survival server, but I think we should give the players what they want. Maybe make an official vote about this issue.

frazzlebrush0895 likes this.