1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Landmarks

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by BarryX15, November 5, 2016.

1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    A landmark is something that cannot fit into resident's claimed house but still needs and deserves to be protected against griefers. All projects that are hidden in the wilderness because they would be griefed otherwise, all roads and town streets that need to be kept in good condition without waiting for rollbacks, all massive buildings in towns that are not claimed because of taxes, can be claimed as landmarks once finished.
    A landmark has one owner, but one player can own multiple landmarks. Landmark ownership can be assigned to any other player in a way similar to horse ownership.
    A landmark plot is shown in the chat in the same way as resident plots in towns when walked over.
    A landmark has permissions: EDIT = Nobody (not even the owner), USE = Public, Access = Public. Therefore, you have to build something first and then claim it after it is finished. If you want to rebuild, you have to unclaim, build and then claim again.
    A landmark can claim over another landmark's plots, if this happens then Dei spent for claiming are paid to the owner of the "overwritten" landmark.
    A landmark is less important than town, so a town can claim over landmark plots like over wilderness with no additional payments or other obstacles. Contrary to that, a landmark cannot claim over town plots.

Commands:
    /landmark assign <playername> (costs 500 Dei, assigns the ownership to another player)
    /landmark claim [name] (costs 500 Dei, claims another plot for the landmark, requires a landmark plot of the same owner next to the plot. If the owner has two or more landmarks next to the plot then the name is required.)
    /landmark create <name> (costs 10000 Dei, starts a new landmark)
    /landmark unclaim (unclaims a landmark plot)

I know that miracles dont happen twice but if Btarb appears again, maybe he could try...

2. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I wish we had this when we were making that Doha airport. :D

asdfjkll likes this.
  3. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Sorry I didn't see this, Barry! I like the idea.

You mentioned in chat that there could be levels of landmark, too, like amenities - for something like roads, these would be cheaper; and monument - for buildings people would come a distance to view, these would be more expensive, with an option for warps.

I think including ranks in the claiming process would not be a bad idea - everyone building a landmark should in theory already have advanced to at least level one of whatever class they're in, so it would ensure that we have only people who are invested in the server claiming landmarks.

EDIT: I forgot that rank zero is the first rank :/

Last edited: May 15, 2018