1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Takeo's Braindump

Discussion in 'Art of ImDeity: Kingdoms' started by KILL3RTACO, September 16, 2013.

1. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Welcome to my braindump. Sometimes I feel like writing, about anything, in whatever style. I've recently been wanting to write things, other than ImDeity: Origins. The series may very well continue, if I want to add anything.

ImDeity: Origns:
    1. The Beginning
    2. Vvenaya
    3. A World Renewed
    4. KILL3RTACO
    5. Halloween Writing Contest Entry
    6. DeityNether

TacoWar
    Note: This is completely separate from DeityWar, no matter how many times I mentioned DeityWar specifically.

What to Suggest Something?
    I can't think of all ideas in the world, I need help as well. But please do not make the suggestion in this thread, but instead send me a conversation. I ask this because:
    • It clutters up the thread, people reading the thread stand-alone are gonna look for responses and actual story writing, not suggestions
    • If someone sees that someone has suggested an idea, they will be discouraged to suggest the same thing, therefore that unknowing might cause a certain idea to become popular and then my interest in writing about it may grow
    • When getting conversation/PMs I can easily see the red number above 'inbox' and every time I do I almost immediately look at it.
    Any suggestions found in this thread will be removed, but whatever it was I will read it.

Please make sure all suggestions are appropriate.

Last edited: September 28, 2014
    The_Yogs and Arwenden like this.
  2. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    ImDeity: Origins - The Beginning
    Genre: Historical Fiction
    Perspective: Third Person, Limited - ImDeity
    Takes place after the events of: N/A
    ImDeity's world was empty. He had built a simple house, a nice house, one he'd like to live in. He was content with it. It was as perfect as he could make it.

One day, while wandering around his house, he noticed someone else outside his window. They seemed lost, confused almost. And just as quickly as they appeared, they disappeared. Now it was ImDeity who was confused. This was his home, his world. Why did all of a sudden someone appear? This wasn't right, no one was supposed to disturb him, he was alone, he liked being alone. But somehow he couldn't shake a curious feeling. He has spent all this time alone, without any company. Maybe he could try playing with --

His pondering was interrupted by yelling. He ran outside to see what was the ruckus was. More people? What's with this? He just couldn't understand. How were these people able to visit his world? He hid it in a remote place, untouched by mankind. He had hoped it would be remain untouched.

He waited; maybe they would leave like the last one. They didn't. They kept building structures of their own. Some were intricate, and some were complete and utter crap. Was this what ImDeity's home was to become? A scatter plot of wasted resources, a dust bowl of useless buildings? ImDeity did not want his world to become like this.

More and more people began to arrive. They were corrupting his world, ImDeity's perfect world with just one house! It had to be stopped, ImDeity had to do something. If he was going to allow people in his world, there had to be rules, there had to be order.

With a wave of his hands, time stopped. All buildings, including his own house was destroyed. Using his mind, he moved everyone into a specific spot on his world. He resumed time, but kept everyone in place. They could still think for themselves, they could listen, but they were frozen. ImDeity explained that certain areas of the world would be for certain people. To earn that right, people within his world would need to 'rank up', they would need to be good builders.

More and more people began to enter his world, it seemed to one of the more popular of other worlds out there. He couldn't manage this on his own, he was going to need help sooner or later...

Afterword:
    As you can see, this story is entirely based on a quote. Deity did actually say this, it was a while ago (I believe we used Mumble at the time). As for the events that actually transpired, I have no idea. I don't know if some floodgate was opened and he had to put people in their place. However I was there for a good part of Classic and its popularity.

Hope you guys like this! Otherwise I might just go cry in a corner...

3. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    If it's not limited to happy stories, how about you tell about the Mass Anvil bans of February? If you're interested in writing it, send me a convo so I can fill you in.

4. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Ah the old Classic/freebuild days.. The world does look a whole lot better nowadays however.

5. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    So, its like a library of ImDeity's history? :D

6. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    I guess you could call it that :p most of these will have a 'historical fiction' genre, but there might be some pure fiction in here as well :p

melvin484 likes this.
  7. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    ImDeity: Origins - Vvenaya

Takes place after the events of: #1 - The Beginning

As ImDeity looked around, he saw that his world was a mess. Some builders starting tearing down buildings that others worked so hard to assemble from the ground. He labeled these particular characters 'griefers'. Everywhere he looked, griefers would be tearing down buildings, some were in teams. ImDeity couldn't control this madness, there was absolutely no way. He would need help, and soon.

He noticed a man wander around his world. He was wearing an orange suit, he looked somewhat like a pirate. He continued to walk around, calmly, as if looking for the perfect place to build something. He took notice of the griefers, and ignored them. It seemed as if he wasn't going to settle for a small spot, and it probably wasn't going to be around here, around the griefers. ImDeity continued to follow him, waiting to see where he would build and what. Looking around, ImDeity could see that there were perfectly big plots of land scattered throughout the world. What was this man going to build?

Hours went by, buildings were starting to go out of sight. Now there was infinite space, no one seemed to be bold enough to walk this far. Was this guy tired? ImDeity could fly, he wasn't fatigued, but this character, this mysterious man that ImDeity was shadowing, he had to have been tired, they walked for two and a half hours straight. But no, this man, he showed no signs of stopping. He had found his place, and he began to build. His building style was not like that of the other citizens. He made a foundation starting fro the bottom, and worked his way up. ImDeity tried to guess what it was he was trying to build. A bumblebee? No, bumblebees aren't red. A giant drop of blood that would be part of an even bigger epic battle? No, it had green in it... Then ImDeity realized what was in front of him. A giant strawberry. Why this man had such a fascination of strawberries, he did not know. What he did know was that this man had shown talent unlike those before him. He had patience, as well as detail put into his buildings, even if it was just a giant strawberry.

A griefer started to run toward the man's strawberry. However, the builder did not move. He simply stared at the griefer, as if he was confident the strawberry would stay put. ImDeity joked in his mind: 'Maybe this guy is hungry, so this man built a fake giant strawberry'. Then something peculiar happened. As the man started hacking away and the strawberry (ImDeity noticed that this griefer was not, in fact, hungry, he just wanted to take down the strawberry) he began to dissolve. After the griefer's right arm had disappeared, it stopped. The griefer stared at his body, fascinated. Once the griefer realized what was happening, the dissolving started to quicken, and with a scream the griefer was gone. After the griefer dissolved away, ImDeity noticed that the strawberry had gone back to normal.

ImDeity flew down to the man. He called out to him and asked of his name. His name was Vvenaya. ImDeity was not sure he could even pronounce the name that was just spoken to him, so he asked how it was spelt. Because it has two Vs in the beginning, ImDeity decided to call him VV for short. ImDeity asked if strawberries was the only thing he build. VV replied with a shake of his of his head, he told ImDeity that in his own world he was the Architect. So ImDeity asked a task of Vvenaya. He asked him to build a great temple, as if it were to be made in ImDeity's honor. VV respectfully accepted the task. As ImDeity watched, he saw that again he took detail into everything. The steps were perfectly square, the shape of the temple was almost like that of a pyramid, with pillars at the top and a throne sitting upon it. ImDeity flew around it, inspecting it. He had made his decision. He went back to VV, and asked if he would help manage this chaos, and help sculpt his world to make it greater. Vvenaya had a smile across his face, he obviously hadn't expected this.

ImDeity suggested that organization was to be worked on first. They had to organize this madness, bottleneck it somewhere so they could control it easier. And with this, they started working on plans...

Afterword:
    Vvenaya is a popular figure within Classic. Although I don't know how Deity met him, or what they did in the beginning, I do remember Deity saying something about putting VV in such a high position (2nd highest) due to his skill in building. However, I don't know whether that promotion was one step (meaning he basically went from nobody to somebody in one move by Deity).

8. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Lies. The world was better when Stalingrad ran free and massive castles of unequal proportion were built in the sky and floating above water without support. I vote we go back to those times! #MineInMainFOREVER #RestartWholeServerToRenewOres!

melvin484 likes this.
  9. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    ImDeity: Origins - A World Renewed

Takes place after the events of: #2 - Vvenaya

It has a few weeks since ImDeity met Vvenaya. They have managed to control the chaos. When worlds were filled up, they were pushed away, and a new one was put in place. Citizens were still able to visit the previous worlds through portals. Each world had a number assigned to it. After a while, VV would build a giant monument every time a new one was made, unbreakable via the magic he had cast.

However more and more were the worlds starting to get crowded. Some citizens built pillars, only to fall to their death afterword. Worlds were getting cluttered, and no longer was ImDeity's home beautiful. Might there be a way to prevent this? He inquired for the help of Vvenaya. He was good at planning things, perhaps he had an idea. After a long night of talking, they came up with an idea.

They would need a system were they could sort out the griefers and the 'noobs' as ImDeity called them. VV constructed a box. But not just any box. A special box. A magical box. When someone enters the world for the first time, they can only build within this box. Magical barriers prevented any un-authorized builders to build outside of it. ImDeity, VV, and some of the other moderators (ImDeity gave them this name because they help monitor and control builders) would watch over this box and give them permission to build outside.

VV also created a specialized world. This world consisted of a grid, each space being 32 meters by 32 meters. The magical barriers in this world allowed only certain players to build in one spot. Upon request, builders could ask that other people be allowed to build in this space. ImDeity called these areas the 'safezones', as no griefer could touch them, thanks to the magic.

The organization of ImDeity's world was now perfect. From now on, his world would look better than before. No more crap buildings, no more pillars, no more common architecture like pyramids and rainbows.

Afterword:
    The organizational structure above is in fact how it was. In the beginning, there wasn't any structure. Around guest_15 or so, VV started building giant numbers to signify which iteration of the guest map you were currently on. When Deity started working with the 'Guest Box' idea, it was just a glass box. A new rank was added, Guest+, which basically said they 'passed' the guest box and they could build on the rest of the map. Later, special designs were added to the box. On Valentine's day, VV made a pink-themed guest box with a heart on it. Another time he made a 'night and day' themed box. It added an underground level with stars on the ceiling, with black walls. Some basic rules were also added to the walls of the guest box a little while later, like 'grief = instaban' and '/fly to fly'.

Fun fact: Someone (I believe it was diddover) made a 'grief zone' on his own world. It had pre-made buildings inside, and the whole purpose of this area was to grief those buildings. The rest of the world was off-limits though.

KiddieWish and BarryX15 like this.
  10. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    ImDeity: Origins - KILL3RTACO

Perspective: Third Person Limited, KILL3RTACO
    Takes place after the events of: #3 - A World Renewed

Forward:
    Some of you may have heard this story before. However it wasn't in the way I'm telling it now. I've left out the last world (server) I came from, and the perspective is much different.

KILL3RTACO was a careful little builder, not the best, nor the brightest either. He was around since before The Box was made. And he has ranked up before the Box Policy was put in place, so he did not have to further test himself to acquire permission to build. Since this rank advancement, he has been working on a treehouse. Not the best treehouse, but KILL3RTACO wasn't the best builder either, he was interested in other things.

For all intensive purposes he told others to call him Taco. It was a shorter name, a name he quite liked. He wouldn't want to be called KILL3R, he wasn't that kind of person.

The treehouse he had constructed has been finished for some time. He was waiting for Deity (as he called him) to look at it. If it was good enough, Deity would advanced his rank. Ranking yourself up was a pretty big deal here. With each rank you're allowed special powers, and the overseers of the world, like Deity and VV, had the most of these powers. Taco wondered if he would ever be one of those people. Probably not for building, he thought. Although he did have another interest that revolved around the magic powers they had. He decided he work on honing that later. For now his focus was his treehouse. He constantly bugged Deity to look at it. After a while ImDeity did eventually look at it, and Taco got the rank advancement he wanted. But Taco didn't know what to build next. He wasn't that great of a builder, and at the time he didn't have much creativity. I'll think of something later, he thought.

After some time an unexpected thing happened, at least to Taco it was unexpected. While Taco was looking around at other buildings (as he still did not know what to build) Deity appeared before him. He told Taco that the world was going to be re-organized. But it was going to take all of Deity's and VV's power to do so. With this, Deity started teaching Taco some advanced magic, something that only the overseers know. This confused Taco for a second. He knew that there were restrictions on the world, even higher magic, that prevented people from using such magic he was being taught. So what was the use? Then it came to him: Deity must have lifted the restriction for certain people, am I going to be one of those people?, he thought.

The magic being taught to him was strange. Not in the way it was used, but rather why it is used. Banishing citizens, undoing time, what is this all for? Deity later told him that citizens are banished when they break rules. The time and space manipulation can be used to undo the damage a griefer has done. That statement confirmed what Taco originally thought. However the length of time he would be able to use these powers, he was uncertain. Perhaps they'll be taken away after they're done re-organizing the world, he thought. Yeah, they won't need me much afterwards. He decided to make the most of it.

After reviewing with Taco what he had learned, he bid him farewell and good luck. Now was his time to leave. Deity must have not let the world know that Taco could use these powers, because after Deity had left, chaos emerged. Griefers left and right, defenseless noobs cowering in their houses, only to be demolished by a griefer. What are they stupid? Taco thought. He flew down to the houses that were torn down (flight was another thing he learned to control) and use the time and space manipulation (which Taco, in his head, called TSM) to undo the damage. Only to find that the griefer that claimed this house started griefing it again. Ok, banish and then use TSM, Taco thought.

Taco ran around various places, six times the speed citizens usually run. He teleported to buildings too, and people, of course. Whenever he spotted a griefer, he banished them. When most of them were gone, he worked on restoring the buildings with TSM. Some buildings could not be easily fixed, too much time had passed that he was allowed to manipulate.

Deity came back the next day. Good, Taco thought, I'm exhausted. Then something weird happened. Everyone was teleported to a different world. A smaller one, you could actually see the ends. If you walked to it you could say you were at the end of the world. Taco flew near Deity to see what was happening. He heard him tell VV to make the biggest strawberry ever. Taco then looked at VV, whose eyes lit up and sparkled as if he was an anime character. Taco knew about VV's strange fascination of strawberries, not everyone did though, apparently.

After VV flew down to make his strawberry, Taco flew over to Deity. He asked why he had asked VV to build a strawberry. Deity explained that it was stress testing, he wanted to see how much this small space could hold up before it fell underneath them. This made sense, if these new worlds weren't strong enough then more buildings would destroy the world, literally. Deity also said that becuase of this a 'no tunneling' rule would be put into effect, as this would weaken the world.

Taco wondered if Deity was then going to take his powers away. He didn't show any intention to do so, so he asked. He didn't expect the answer he received, nor was he sure if he had hoped for it. Deity had said "I'll take them away eventually" and then winked at him. For a while, Taco was sure he had meant it, that Deity would eventually take away his powers. It was a long while later that he realized it was sarcasm, Deity did not, in fact, intend to take away his powers.

Afterword:
    It was a bit weird talking about myself in third person. It's not something I normally do (Heck, I never even write stories). I originally thought of making this story in the perspective of Deity, but because he was away doing other stuff during the server's transition, I wouldn't have known to fill the gap. So I decided to use my perspective.

When I talk about Deity 're-organizing the world' what is really happening is him changing the server software.

I never actually called the rollback command TSM, this is just a joke I thought some of my friends that play LoL might appreciate, as they root for Team Solo Mid I believe.

Some of the events happening inside the Guest Box might be a little exaggerated.

About the stress testing: Deity did not ask VV to build a strawberry. It was a small space though, maybe 10 chunks by 10 chunks. The actual stress testing involved seeing how many players could fit in that kind of space (while building) before the server started to lag.

ngennaro, KiddieWish, ImDeity and 4 others like this.
  11. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    wow, taco. you are good at writing. Like really good :eek:

Tophatblobyblob likes this.
  12. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Thanks! :D

13. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Halloween Contest Entry

The following is my ImDeity Halloween Writing Contest entry. It did not place, but perhaps you guys would enjoy reading it. It's a little long though.

Genre: Fiction
    Perspective: Third Person - Omniscient
    Takes place after the events of: N/A

Third person omniscient in a story means that you have the perspective of everyone. You know each 'side' to the story. In other words: there are multiple perspectives.

'Twas a dark day indeed throughout the Realm. ImDeity was not fond of such days. Trouble usually occurs on days like this, ImDeity thought to himself. No worries. We'll just Banish them. Troublemakers were never a problem for the Mods. Often times they even played with them a little before they were Banished, never to return.

However the magic used to banish citizens of the Realm seemed a little less ineffective than it usally was. What usually took one Mod to banish five people now took two. On top of this, the day seemed darker, ever the more eerie, and ImDeity started to fear that something big was about to happen. He orded all Mods to the Capital. They were to learn more magic, as well as even greator self-defense techniques. Upon ImDeity's word, all Mods teleported to the area. They were bewildered. They've had attacks on the Capital before, but it was quickly repelled and the damage was undone. What was to happen next?

---

"Now's our chance! Attack!"
    Griefers of all kinds swarmed the area. The lesser towns were quickly overrun, the staff retreating in terror. This is going well, thought the hooded man. Soon this Realm will be taken over, just like the others I've conquered.
    "Master, scouts report that the lesser towns have fallen"
    "And what of their kingdoms? What of Doha, Ghaldean?" asked the hooded man.
    "We haven't reached either of their capitals, sir."
    The hooded man gave his minion a very dissapointed face. "And what of the Realm's capital? Have you found it yet?"
    "N-Nowhere close, sir.."
    At this, the hoodedman raised his hand, and his minion started to float in the air. "I guess I'm lucky that some of the magic restrictions of this Realm have fallen so quickly." The hooded man pushed his hand foward, and at this, the floating minion flew through the air. "FIND THE CAPITAL! WE'RE GOING TO FALL BEHIND!" At this holler of dissapproval, everyone under the hooded man's control scurried to finish whatever task they were given. When someone was moving too slow, the hooded man had lightning strike down, disinegrating them.

---

ImDeity and his group of Mods saw lightning from afar. Sometimes there were multiple strikes. This was odd behavior, lightning never striked so close together unless ImDeity wanted it too. They had magic restrict- wait, were the magic restrictions lost? ImDeity asked some of his mods to summon some of the popular citizens of the Realm to try and go against such restrictions. Some hesitated, they didn't want to break the rules. Others understood, that it was a just a test, but not against themself.
    "Seems as though building and destroying restrictions are still in place." Reported one of the Mods.
    "Anything out of place?" asked ImDeity.
    "Well, some of the powers limited to us are available to everyone else, if they know how to use it."
    "Give me an example."
    The Mod asked a citizen behind him if they could summon an item at will. The person didn't know how. The Mod then asked some of the trusted citizens to do the same, with any item of their choosing. They all were able to do it.
    "Holy [censored]"
    "ffff***-" [not sure why there's asterisks, only f and u are in there]
    "Not good."
    "Not at all."
    This wasn't going to go well. ImDeity had to go through some books. Everyone was going to need to prepare. What they needed to prepare for, they were not sure yet. They just had to hope that they could do it in time for whatever was to come.

---

"Sir, it appears we can summon items at will."
    "I already knew that you fool. Look at the stack of TNT behind me." said the hooded man.
    "Whatever will we use that much TNT for?"
    "We are going to use it to blast through the heart of the Capital. ImDeity and his precious group of Mods will cower in fear."
    "What an excellent plan."
    "Of course it is! Now go summon more TNT!"

---

The Mods followed ImDeity into the Great Library. They've all been here before, why is it so special now? As they went further and further, they began to get lost. Many of them were wondering in which area of the Library they were in. ImDeity did not answer, he continued through the Library. Pretty soon it began to get dark, and there were bats flying around them. They each lit a torch so they could see.

There was a small stone door. In fact, it didn't even look like a door. There was, however, a rectangle shape drawn on the wall with the word 'door' on it.
    "Really?" said one of the Mods.
    "Well I had to remember it somehow." said ImDeity.
    ImDeity put his hand on the "door". There was a light eminating from wherever ImDeity had drawn on the wall. The "door" moved itself away from the wall, and went off to one side. Behind the wall there was short tunnel. They went to the end of the tunnel, and they found an abundance of books.
    "What are these?" asked a Mod.
    "Spell books." said ImDeity "I've never had purpose for them since the Classic days."
    Each one of them started reading and practicing. They feared they would need a lot of it.

---

"We've found the location of the Capital!"
    "Excellent work, you wretched worm." said the hooded man. "Soon the Capital will crumble in my hands."
    "But sir, the Castle is huge! There's no way we can take it down in one day!"
    "Silence you fool! Do not underestimate my power! Have you forgotten who I am?!"
    "No, of course not, master."
    "Which way to capital?"
    "Due east, sir."

---

ImDeity and the Mods practiced for hours on end. They all mastered the techniques they were learning. Each Mod had a different fighting style, and each Mod had different spells at their disposal. Whatever was going to happen next, they were good and ready. All Mods were confident in their ability. They were sure that they could overcome anything now.
    "I'm glad you're all happy about your new powers," ImDeity stated, "but there's a catch. These powers will not work after peace has been restored here. You are only able to use such magic because the restrictions have fallen."
    "We know, Deity."
    "Don't worry."
    "We got dis, man."
    "We're not going down without a fight."
    ImDeity looked around at the group. He hoped it was worth it. He'd feel terrible if even one of them was defeated. "Alright then, back to the Capital" He teleported away. So did the others.

When they arrived in the Capital, everything seemed okay. The Castle was still intact, for now. Every one of them new at least some of it would fall. The building and destroying restrictions were lost about an hour ago. A few mods took to the wounded, others were leading citizens inside the Castle throne room for refuge. ImDeity flew to the highest point on the Castle. He froze. There were fires everywhere. The land was destroyed. It was worse than he thought. This will take forever to fix, he thought. Whoever's responsible will pay dreadfully for this. After some more looking around he saw an eerie light, coming closer and closer. "There they are!" ImDeity yells to his Mods as he points. "They're due west!" Now all we have to do is wait.

---

The hooded man laughed with delight. This kind of laugh was terrifying to good-natured people. The kind of laugh that makes you wonder if the other person is sane. I'm actually ahead of schedule this time, he thought. The Mods aren't even putting up a fight. I will see them at the Capital most likely. This is going to be a piece of cake. He looked behind him. "are the explosives ready?"
    "Yes, ready to launch on your word."
    "Do it."
    All at once, hundreds of blocks of TNT were launched at the Castle. Most exploded in mid-air.
    "Get closer!" yelled the hooded man.
    And so they did. The hooded man and his army of griefers watched as the Castle wall caved in and fell. The first wave rushed in. This was just a test wave, the hooded man didn't send that many, he just wanted to see how to would fair. Some ran out of the Castle, fearing for their life. Others flew out, not by their own will, however. The next wave had significantly more griefers, but not enough so it made a solid dent in his army's population. They /will/ get tired, thought the hooded man. All I need to do is wait.

They didn't seem to get tired. Wave after wave he sent through to the Castle, but no one came back. Perhaps I underestimated them, he thought. Looks like I'll need to go in there myself.

---

The Mods were showing promise. Each wave of Griefers was no trouble. If any of them were getting tired, then it wasn't fatique. Rather, it was boredom. There seemed to be no challenge. Many of the Mods were multi-tasking as they were taking care of the waves. Some of them were reading books. Most of them purposely disoriented themselves while fighting, some upside down, others were fighting backwards. Then ImDeity looked up at the wall, and noticed a floating silloutte. His arms were crossed, as if he was watching the attack. The man didn't seem to notice ImDeity, so he sneaked closer. Now ImDeity had a clearer view. This man wore black shoes, black pants, black everything. He had a hood over his face, and his face ImDeity could not make out, but there was one thing that astonsihed him: his eyes, are they glowing? As ImDieity looked harder, he noticed that eyes were indeed glowing. ImDeity hoped that this man was not who he thought he was. He teleported to the others. "Careful," he said, "Recognize him?" The others nodded, they knew who it was.

Last edited: December 3, 2013
  14. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Herobrine looked down at the group staring at him. Seems they recognize me. With his arms crossed, he smiled at them. I will make this Realm mine, and mine alone. Soon you will be under my control too, and you all will have nothing to do but to tend to my every wish.

In an instant Herobrine was in front of the Mods. He smiled at them again. And great speed he ran into each one of them and closelined them. He went up went up into the air, striked downward and-
    Was attacked. The Mods knew how to teleport better than anyone. Herobrine managed to dodge most of the attacks. He summoned multitudes of TNT near him, constantly throwing them at the Mods flying around him. Most Mods were surprised at this move, as the TNT exploded in mid-air and they fell to the ground. The remaining mods threw the TNT back at Herobrine, knocking him back to the opposite wall so they could help up their fallen allies.
    "How do we beat him?"
    "We'll need lots of force"
    "How 'bout the Hammer?"
    "Yeah, that might work!"
    "It won't." Said ImDeity, appearing before the group.
    "Why not?"
    "The Hammer of Bans just won't cut it. Especially now that our restrictions are down. How do you think he gathered all these Griefers as his army? Banishment using force from the Hammer won't do."
    "What about the Squid?" Someone suggested. "That thing can overpower anybody!"
    "Deity hasn't used that thing in forever," said a Mod. Then, turning to ImDeity, "Do you even remember where it is?"
    "It isn't hidden." Said ImDeity, "It's summoned."
    "What does that even mean?"
    "Remember how you can summon items? There are some special items at my disposal. However the only one that could help right now is the Squid."
    "Well, summon it then."
    "It takes time." ImDeity explained. "That's why I haven't used it in so long, it's not to be used on simple matters like we've had all this time until he showed up."
    "We'll distract him."
    "Alright. I'll go to the top of the North Tower."
    Herobrine watched as ImDeity flew to some tower. Now where do you think your going? He flew at great speed toward ImDeity, but the Mods caught him. You guys are like a swarm of bees. Can't you just let me fight him? The Mods constanly harassed him with fireballs and electric streams of light. They aren't gonna let up, he thought. "SEND THE REST!" roared Herobrine. As the mods looked down and saw the army of Griefers, they each looked at each other, and unison knew what to do. They each knew of a spell they could only use in certain places before the Chaos. They could use it now, though. Each member of the Griefer army was struck with lightning. The Mods then turned to Herobrine, who seemed impressed, but not disappointed. He smiled at them again. What's with him? One of the mods thought. Stop smiling, it's creepy.
    One of the Mods threw an axe at Herobrine, which simply bounced off his head. Herobrine crooked up a brow as if to say, "Really?" He then started flying around the Mods, summoning TNT and throwing it the group. The Mods were smart and quick enough to summon Flame Bows to shoot at the TNT hurtling toward them. Since Herobrine was sure to keep his distance from the Mods, the proximity at which the TNT was far enough that the explosions did not affect them. Herobrine, however, was getting frustrated. He has never seen such resistance before. Although, he never faced this many Mods before. Apparently this Realm I'm conquering is bigger and more protected than the others, he thought.
    The Mods looked at ImDeity, who was still summoning the Squid. He looked as if he was almost done.
    "We have to keep Herobrine distracted a little bit longer"
    Upon hearing this, Herobrine charged at ImDeity. The Mods started using spells on him to slow him down, he responded by blinding them with lightning. Almost there, just a little -
    ImDeity raised his hand in front of Herobrine, as if telling him "halt." Herobrine stopped, hovering just in front of ImDeity. What are you gonna do? Herobrine thought. ImDeity then lowered all fingers but one. Is he fli - no, he's just singaling to wait. ImDeity turned around, his arms were moving in a way as if he was getting something. Then he turned around, kneeling, while holding a squid in front of him, with an expression as if to say "tada!". Herobrine was amused. For one thing, the squid looked funny. It's left eye was facing down and to left while the other was up ad to the right. Just the mere sight of the thing made him laugh. Herobrine then flew slowly towards ImDeity, and as he did so, he noticed something about the squid. Its eyes were glowing red. Herobrine was confused, he stared at the sea creature ImDeity was holding, bewildered. And just when he realized what was going to happen, he dodged. But it was too late.
    The laser shooting out of the squids eyes were powerful. Herobrine didn't see it coming. After he was struck, Herobrine fell from the sky, falling towards the courtyard of the Capital. Herobrine fell with enough force that small dent was made in the ground where he landed. Light amounts of red smoke came from his chest, which was now a hole.
    In an instant, all the Mods joined ImDeity around Herobrine's body. Everyone was cheerful. Some of the Mods started hugging. But something was off, why wasn't ImDeity cheering? As they looked at where he was looking, they understood, Herobrine was gone.
    "How?!"
    "No, but we... We.. No!"
    "It's alright, guys" ImDeity said. "Celebrate today. Have fun, take the day off. Herobrine will be back, but not for a very long time."

After the chaos was over, citizens celebrated and praised ImDeity and his Mods for saving them. As a gift to ImDeity, citizens of the Realm built a statue. The statue still stands today. You pass it every day at the Harbor, laughing at it, not knowing who built it or why. It's the statue of ImDeity holding a squid.

READ BELOW :D
    I have something special in mind as a sequel to this story. However, in order for me to make a sequel, people have to like this story first. If you enjoyed reading this story, press the 'like' button :) If I see that enough people like this story, I will make another post about the sequel. Stay tuned.

15. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    ImDeity: Origins - DeityNether

Genre: Nonfiction, this actually happened.
    Perspective: First Person, KILL3RTACO (me)
    Takes place after the events of: I think this was around the second/old spawn, aka the spawn before the current one. aka the spawn where me and Steph had our pumpkin party. aka the spawn with the 'Leap of Faith'. Basically back when vanZeben was still dev

Forward:
    Yes, this did happen. No, I don't know of any plans for the Nether in the main world. This 'test' was an example, although it may have been foreshadowing, I'm not sure. Some of you may have heard this story earlier, this is not copy pasted from wherever that was. This is an account solely from my memory and not using any sources other than my memory. Also take note that any opinions I have about some people mentioned may not be the same today, I viewed these people differently then.

I was MIA for about a month I think. When I logged into the website I saw I had a message. My eyes widened as I saw it was 1) from vanZeben, 2) it was titled 'So you're interested in developing for us...' I quickly scrolled down the post to see when it was sent and has been about a week or two since the message was sent.

I then started looking at the message. It was quite simple, a few players have expressed interest in developing via the 'Moderators, Apply Here!' thread. The convo said that a test/experiment was made to see what our skill level was. This test involved making a plugin that allowed players to go to the nether:
    • Players had an hour total time limit in the Nether (not including offline time)
    • Players must wait 24 hours after leaving the Nether or dying in the Nether
    • Players can only bring food, armor, and weapons to the Nether, but must also have payment (in this case a gold block) to enter
    • Players enter the nether via /nether
    • The gold nugget drop rate for Zombie Pigmen must be dropped to 10% (from like 100%)
    There might've been more requirements...

After reading those requirements and deciding in my head how difficult it would be (not very), I replied to the convo saying I was more than willing to participate. At this time, the 'participants' were myself, cliff777, mbonachea, and thejacoborg. A little while later I got a separate convo from vanZeben, saying that 'with what cliff has done with the plugin, [he] doesn't think it's going anywhere.' Cliff, mbon, and jacob, were a team then, so I decided that I'd start my own project. It made more progress and the code was more organized (in my opinion) than theirs.

There was a lot of exchange going on between the 'teams' and vanZeben, and eventually btarb (you all know him :p) came along as well, finishing the plugin faster and most likely more efficient than any of us. Later btarb made the new DeityGames plugin.

I didn't walk away with nothing though. I learned some new techniques as well as learning how to use MySQL.

Afterword:
    I don't see jacob/mbon/cliff as complete an utter noobs when it comes to programming, that's not what I meant. I haven't seen anything from jacob/mbon from a while. Cliff, however, often talks to me about some problems has or just general questions. I never criticize how he does things (at least I don't think I do.. Do I? xD) but I will usually tell him a better way to do it, and why.

Last edited: December 3, 2013
  16. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777

This made me smile :) I also learned a lot about MySQL from deitynether, and I enjoyed working with jacob, mbon, and you (even though we didn't technically work "together"). I do enjoying talking about programming and comp sci stuff with you and btarb sometimes, I hope you and I can remain in contact for some time.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  17. Moonlamb

Moonlamb

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MoonLamb
    You should write about the history of pvp? :D

18. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I've kinda already done that in my one year post XD

19. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    REQUEST - Maps

Status of Project - BETA [Testing: true, Submissions Allowed: true]

Cool Mechanics:

So, I've been working on a project recently. What is it? Well let's just say it's kinda like DeityWar, but with some enhancements. Going to be calling it TacoWar for now on, unless I find a better name.

What is this request?
    As you know, DeityWar relies on maps in order to play. What I'm asking is for your own submitted maps. This isn't a 'contest' and your time limit is pretty big, I still have tweaking to do to the plugin. Please note that I remain the right to accept and reject any map. When this time period is over I will make a post within this thread showcasing the accepted maps.

What's in it for me?
    If your map is accepted, it will be among the 'default' maps for the plugin, maps that are included by default. Much like DeityWar, the name of the map and it's author(s) are displayed when the map is selected, so your name(s) will appear if the map is selected.

I'm looking for kind-hearted people that will do this kind of thing almost purely for the satisfaction of doing it, instead of doing it for pay/prize.

Restrictions
    • There must be at least two different spawns. (yes, there can be more than one, more on that later)
    • Cannot be huge, try to keep it a reasonable size
    • DO NOT submit a map that is included in the DeityWar playlist (whether you made it or not). If there is such a map that I'd like included from DeityWar I will get permission from Deity and the map maker(s) myself.
    Freedoms
    • You can have more than two teams! There must be at least two, but here's a list of available team colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, White. (If you want colors other than red and blue make then spawn obviously a different color, otherwise I will assume red and blue)
    • The maps can be whatever size you want, but try to keep it reasonable. For instance, a four team map is going to be bigger than a two team map, but not as big as an eight team map.
    • The map can be any shape, but try not to make it too crazy
    • There is no "max-height" limit, but try to keep it reasonable.
    Special Circumstances

As mentioned before, there may be some maps already in DeityWar that I would like to use. In this case, I will get permission from Deity and the map maker(s) myself.

I may or may not ask a specific or group of people to work on a map personally.

Although some maps may be rejected or accepted rather quickly or with much thought, if I like the map personally but feel that it needs some touch-ups, I may ask the builder to tweak the map a little bit (for things like easy spawn camping and stuff), or may do it myself (such as blocking a certain part of the map or removing inappropriate things and what-not)

Things to ask Yourself About your Map:
    • Is it easy to spawn camp? Can the other team quickly escape and counter-attack if it does happen?
    • Is it easy to get lost? Is it really crowded and you don't know where you're going half the time?
    • Is there variety in block usage? Are you using only one block type?
    • Is the map really bland (for instance, just flat ground)?
    • Is the map too big? Does it take like a minute or two just to walk/sprint to the middle?
    • Does the map have lots of redstone? Does it lag the map?
    • Is it fun to play? (be sure to do mock play tests if possible)
    • Do you have fun yourself making this map? :)

How do I Submit?
    All submissions must be PM'd to me. Please include screenshots as well as a link to download a .schematic of the map (this can be done with WorldEdit, look it up) or a .zip file with the map in case you made it in SinglePlayer. If anything is submitted within this thread, I will delete it without looking at it, so please PM me instead.

Here's a handy link!

Things to Include in the Submission
    • Name of the map
    • What time should this be played? (dawn, day, midday/noon, dusk/sunset, night, or midnight) [optional]
    • Who made this map? (IGN)
    • Is there any redstone? (maybe tell me where)
    • Should players be allowed to open doors?
    Feel free to ask questions if needed

Last edited: September 29, 2014
    lilgrubs and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  20. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Well, I can do one! This sounds AWSOME
    EDIT: Can the arena be any shape?
    EDIT: Is there a max height?

Last edited: February 12, 2014