1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of stuff.

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by Rmarmorstein, April 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Well. The title says it all.

I'm sick of how the server has these little cliques. When I login, I am expecting to have a friendly environment, that I can talk to people, and have fun. I dont see this lately, and quite honestly, i think deity has been going down the hole lately. I've seen these cliques between certain people, towns, and staff. It is really annoying, and Makes me as a player, and a higher donator, feel unwanted, and by staff, i would find this unacceptable, If i were in charge. The Staff is driving players away, your players are everything. Without us players, and donors, the server would be literally, Nothing...

When i login to the server, I Would like to see people reply to me, and not ignore me. I'm sick of being ignored by staff, that chat with other players moments before, and then will ignore me. There are about 3 staff members, that I feel, dont take the title over-seriously, and act that way. On minecraft forums, it is a little different environment, but the principal is the same, or at least in my opinion. Us Moderators over there are Janitors, we Clean up after bad users, and have our mop & bucket (Moderator Tools) to do that. We are nothing but a normal user who volunteers our time. If, I were to take my title there, and act better than anyone else there, or ignore, or have a bias towards Any member on minecraft forums, I would be fired immediately. Quite honestly, i think that is completely fair.

tl;dr: The server is losing players Dramatically! You are dropping veterans, and seeing more and more goodbye threads. I would like to see something get done, so that Deity can be fun again, I dont login and feel unwanted, and bored. If i continue to feel rejected, and unwanted here, then i will simply pickup, and leave. I'm sure you dont want to see another server veteran go, do you?

Well, I'm tired, that is all I have for now. Thank you everyone. Sorry if i sound harsh, but i am honestly sick of feeling like I am not wanted here. Sorry if you are "unhappy" with me for posting this. But, i am unhappy for feeling unwanted.

2. jumbo33

jumbo33

In-Game Name:
    jumbotaters
    I agree that the server isn't as good as it used to be... but us as players make it the way it is. These cliques is what make everything seems so distant, and when you aren't busy with the infighting of towns you are stuck fighting griefers. Like all things they have highs and lows... i believe if the players want we could bring it back up into a high point.

scoguy7 and Rmarmorstein like this.
  3. Pro_dano

Pro_dano

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    pro_dano
    No pro, don't start reminiscing again. Pro stop.
    I do have to agree with you Rmar, lately I have been trying to illude myself that I have actual stuff to do on this server because everyone is keeping to themselves or what not. It's probably worse for me because know one from my town is ever online when I'm on but that's probably because I live in a different time zone than most of the servers populous.
    I still think that the main reason that this server has encountered this problem is because they have annoyed, banned long term/devoted players or simply because towny servers are 'so last year'. Either way you never know, if more people voted for this server maybe more people will see it on the list and it can return to its former glory but until then we're just going to have to sit tight and... vote?

4. Shoe1

Shoe1

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Shoe1
    I know this feeling too well, couldn't agree more, and this was anything but harsh. If anyone wants to argue this point, go right ahead. It would be a real shame if anyone did, however.

TiitanX, Nohats, andyordon and 3 others like this.
  5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    While you may feel unwanted by a few people in our community, know that there are those who are your friends, such as myself or The_Yogs. Oh btw if you're reading this, and you're one of those people who treat Rmar like he doesn't exist, you should stop... it has more of an effect than you would think.

6. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    Finnally someone had the guts to say this, I've been waiting for someone to say this. Yes I totally agree with you, I felt that the hospitality of the server has changed A LOT compared when I joined the server, and that was 2 years ago! Those days we had like what? 2 mods but they did their job better than most of the mods combined here (no offence). If you have joined the server that time you would know how more friendly it is then than it is now. I still play in the server because I love it and It has been part of my life when I started playing minecraft.
    Thank you, Rmar, for posting this.

TiitanX, Nohats, Pro_dano and 4 others like this.
  7. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I don't have any comments on the other things you said at this time. But I wanted to talk to this specifically.

Unless people are using one of those "on join" mods or scripts or whatever people use (I don't use one), most people don't know that you just logged into the server. So it's hard for anyone to know that if you're saying hi, that you just showed up. There is no announcement to the main server that people just joined.

I just don't see that anyone should get upset at a thing like this, knowing that people don't know you just logged in and don't know you are saying hi because of that.

I honestly don't converse with a lot of people, never really have. When I joined the server 2 years ago, I didn't talk to anyone for a few months, just played. So I don't really have much to say about the community or lack of.

8. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    So, how've you been, smc? Fancy a chat later on?

Nohats, tchand, shai12345 and 3 others like this.
  9. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    I am still a noob here so to speak, but i try my darndest to say hi to people that i have not seen in the chat and that all of a sudden say hi. Not being a Veteran I really do not know when it is inappropriate to interject my hello's so i try to keep with my steady flow of friendly greetings. I have seen some very positive responses when a person gets a reply to a simple hello, so I can almost get an understanding of how a Veteran not getting a reply would feel the way you do. I have noticed you online a lot Rmar, but i felt it was not my place to interfere with veteran conversation as I thought you guys actually had your own way of coversing with one another. I have noticed this with a couple of the other people that are high up in the server order, that when i throw my 2 cents into thier conversation i do not get a response to it, but i was not about to say anything as I was unsure if i was out of place or not.

Truly sad to hear Rmar, you can count on me giving you a shout when you come online. :)

10. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    Please explain a little more about these 'cliques', I don't fully understand. In RL, I have a group of friends I usually hang out with. But if someone passes me in the hall and says "hello", I will not hesitate to say "hello" back, and vice versa.

And I see what you're saying about the decreased popularity of the server, but then again you don't give any suggestions other than mods being fired (which is a bit extreme IMO). If you're going to complain, at least give some constructive criticism.

DidDover, tchand, FrauMedic and 3 others like this.
  11. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Well this happens to me. I go on say hi to people and they don't respond. And I think there r way to many bans going on only ban if it's bad. Then I've had some mean things with people making new accounts on imdeity.com. And yesterday someone tried to frame hallideadly cause
    I killed his recruit(2 times) sorry halli but this needs to stop

12. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    First part, bans happen when they need to. Second part, what? You make no sense.

13. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Well after I killed someone in hub world that was 2000 blocks out he got mad and I'm pretty sure made a false account on imdeity.com and say bad words and stuff. Then after the Convo got deleted so I have no proof of it

14. DeadShotm1

DeadShotm1

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    DeadShotm1
    What does this have to do with this thread? And how do you know it was him? Most people wouldn't cuss out a server if they died. Half the servers out there are PVP

15. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I'm not quite sure if you realize how cliques work, they simply just form and for the greater part they are social and welcoming cliques. I do not recall the staff being biased because of their relations with people, and if I were to see such a thing I would respond, tough not being a direct superior to most moderators I can contact Deity or adress the problems myself. If you feel unwanted, it might also not be these cliques, but you yourself that feels uncomfortable with these cliques, my solution would be to mingle a bit more.

And if you see any moderator making you or someone else uncomfortable, ignoring you, you are welcome to take it up with them, rather then posting it on the forums before you do that. In my honest opinion I can say that that's annoying the crap out of me, if you encounter a problem don't say nothing, deal with it or contact someone to deal with it.

I'm sure you do not seem to realize that staff members have the tendency to go afk quite frequently, for example, if I were to talk to Vershye, there is a big chance that he's not going to reply simply because he is afk, but everyone does that, log-in, play, go afk, play again, log out. Us moderators here are not just janitors we are contact lines for ImDeity, doing things like development behind the scenes, events and last but not least mopping up. To compare the MC forum with ImDeity is a weird choice, seeing as the only thing we have in common is volunteering and moderating the forums aswell. If you feel like you are being ignored or anything, again, send someone a message.

I would also like to know the names of the three moderators that you feel don't take their title seriously and I want you to write to me why. Make a conversation and I will forward it if I think your complaints are right.

Ofcourse we are dropping veterans and we will always do, like any server. Frankly I am surprised how many veterans we still have, but in the past and on other servers you simply don't see that you are losing veterans, because people tend to make goodbye threads to get attention from people, many players don't even leave ImDeity or the forums alone for more then 3 months... This will always happen, people leave, because you can not play the same server for over a long time without losing interest in it.

I am looking forward to your conversation, if not, I think you will fail making this server better by helping yourself and we would both regret that, now wouldn't we?

16. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    It is expected to be like that, But the most bothersome thing is when someone will not say anything back (ignoring) after they talk to someone, moments before. I know that the server doesn't print joins & leaves. I'm glad for that. I could care less about getting greeted when i login. I'm more angered by getting ignored, and that is making me feel welcomed, or unwanted on the server.

You will have an inbox tonight when I have more time. Thank you.

I'll get a reply to later, Don't have time at the moment. :/

angryjukebox likes this.
  17. SweetMaple

SweetMaple

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SweetMaple
    Most of the staff is a bit older, a bit more mature. We have jobs, kids, projects, school etc. We are dedicating time to the server as staff, we are working on things to better the server, working tickets that players submit, and trying to take care of the outside world at the same time. I know for a fact that yes, we may be replying one minute and not the next. Sometimes, it is because we get pulled away from the computer by the real world, sometimes it is because we have something more important than chat to be looking into (for example tickets/greifers), sometimes we are checking forums, and sometimes we may be working on something personal. Just because we were talking one minute, it does not mean we are the next.

We are players also, we have people that we are in towns with, people we play with on a regular basis, sometimes you may feel like we are ignoring you, but we don't ignore anyone. We will work your tickets, we treat you like we treat other players, just because we are not your "friend" does not mean we are ignoring you. I hope you understand that being overly sensitive to whether a staff member says "hi" does not mean anything. If I said Hi to every player on the server, I would never get any work done.

18. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    I have only been on ImDeity for like 2 months, so I really can't comment upon any of the facts that you are stating. This is actually my first towns server, so for me it hasn't gotten old yet. You see lots of veterans leaving, and that will always happen. But you know what? I plan on staying on ImDeity and hope to become a veteran someday. People always mention all of the veterans we are losing, but fail to mention all of the newbies we are getting that will become veterans.
    Also, about the "cliques". I can't say one way or the other. I got Teamspeak less than a month ago, and because my town doesn't have a TS channel, I feel like an outsider everywhere. I plan on trying to integrate myself with the community relatively soon, but I think that I'll always feel out of place. But perhaps that's just who I am. I haven't really become part of any community except that of general ImDeity. The only people I think would consider me a friend are my few townmates, and perhaps Hallideadly (an ex-townmate). I'll admit, sometimes I don't get why I keep playing. Honestly, my biggest problem is that I don't have a long-term goal. I have a mall shop and I want it to be successful, but to what end? What does that get me? I think the ultimate purpose of ImDeity is, as Frenchy is trying to say in the "ImDeity -> Other Games" thread, to create a community. There are plenty of Deitans who would say they don't really feel like part of the community, as TS is a VERY important part pf being in the community, and I would be with them. However, I also understand that it is my own doing, my own lack of trying to become part of the community, my own shyness that has brought this about. So while the facts that you state are true, I still disagree with the final result. But then again, I'm just a noob, so who cares what I have to say?

darcipeeps, TiitanX, Nohats and 8 others like this.
  19. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Town teamspeak channels are created when the Mayor(or King if it's part of a Kingdom) of the town requests for it to be made. If the Town is not part of a Kingdom it needs 5 members to have a channel. If it is in a Kingdom, it just needs to be requested. Any Senior Mod+ can create a Town channel.

20. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    I know how to create one, but because the mayor of my town (scoguy7) doesn't use TS we don't have a channel, but that's beside the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.