1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions: Map Reset Edition.

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by DukeTop, December 15, 2011.

1. DukeTop

DukeTop

In-Game Name:
    DukeTop
    Frequently Asked Questions: Map Reset Edition.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION READ THIS TOPIC:
    A Whole New World.. (Shining, shimmering, splendid) By Imdeity
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rules:
    1. Ask a reset related question and i will add it to the list, the post will then be deleted.
    2. Duplicate or rephrased questions may be ignored, then deleted.
    3. Idiotic or insulting questions WILL be ignored, deleted, and the user punished.
    4. All posts not by staff will eventually be deleted without warning to keep the thread clean.

Q: What about [Insert: Item Name], can i have that?
    A: Use the link here to save your inventory! http://imdeity.com/portal/?go=transfer
    Q: What if i have those listed items in my inventory anyway?
    A: They will be deleted during the transfer from the database, you will see this at the bottom of the transfer page.

Q: Will i lose my house/town/dirt mountain?
    A: Yes, most of the server will be reset to a clean slate and it will double in size! To keep things fair, all towns will start fresh, without benefit of previous plots, member counts, or member lists.
    (Players can apply for their GRAND STRUCTURE to be saved for use and for class upgrades.. IE: buildings that took time to build... Time being weeks, not days, not hours. The ADMIN will judge the projects worthy or not. This will all be announced closer to the reset.)
    Q: Can i save my building, even if it isn't transferred?
    A: As long as you do it before the reset, yes.
    Q: How will plot sizes be determined for our new towns?
    A: Plot sizes will be selected when the town is created, and the plots of the rest of the town will be relative to that plot, There will be new options, but most things will work as they do now.
    Adjustable plot sizes will not be available when the clean map starts, but the default plot size is to be 16x16.
    Q: Will my new town be allowed an animal farm?
    A: Animal breeding will be controlled, it may be best to have a temporary farm each week in mineworld.
    Q: What About money?
    A:
    1: Donors with active donation plans will receive the full amount of their donator package's money.
    2: ALL players' will receive 5-10% of their Dei based on how many hours/days they have spent on the server since they started. Older players have accumulated more played hours. A player with 30,000 Dei and 720 played hours, is going to get more than a player with 30,000 Dei and 4 hours (which is not possible, but this is an example.)
    Q: What about my portal stats?
    A: All the portal information will be saved, including classes already earned and stats building the next one. Dei is counted by what you currently have, so that will change.
    Q: The Nether and The End, classes, potions, enchanting?
    A: These are things that can be added and removed at any time, as of now there is no further information.

C4477, oliversvendsen1 and LS98 like this.
  2. DukeTop

DukeTop

In-Game Name:
    DukeTop
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote answers that aren't part of the FAQ
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know that Deity and Van will check and see if it should all be taken, there is alot of glowstone tough.

Idk, map generation is probably going to take a while if Deity hasn't already prepared that. Probably EST times.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    By: Levi

@ the top it says questions I answer will be deleted. Then the 4th question says that anything not listed in the first 3 questions can be taken as much as is on the list when it is posted later. Coal not on the ban list.

as the question states, this will be addressed later.
    The world copy provided works. height limiters cause lots of issues, but I have no information about whether this will exist or not.

You will have to contact Imdeity directly about that.

Yes taxes are still on.
    Current towns will be wiped when it resets, but until then, they are safe.

Donation bonuses were listed with the intention to carry to the new map, they will stay the same.

Yes, this is mentioned in the post by deity, follow the link at the top of this thread.
    The precious stones ARE diamond blocks, the first 9 you place protect the area.

If it isnt mentioned as nontransferable...what does the 4th question say?

Cake itself may change in value, it safe to say that its one of the things you should NOT bring with you. It takes up too much room for too little gain.

There is no information about this yet, assume not.

oliversvendsen1 and LS98 like this.
  3. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Nations will not be implemented unless me or deity can find reasons to actually have them.

Its not about who was planning to make nations or who wants it to happen. Unless there is an actual purpose for having a nation i'm not putting in time to develop that system, and that goes for deity as well.

there have been many exploits on this map, some of which gain items some gain money, and some gain experience with MCMMO. One benefit and point of the reset is to be able to correct all these, and to change some things on the server that we feel we were being either gracious or restrictive about on a fresh slate. We are only allowing some money and some items to be transferred to allow people to get started on the new map, nothing more. We do not want to transfer all the "bad habits" of this map over to the new one. Which is why were are not allowing people to keep their items worth. We gave 2 weeks warning to allow for people to "gain their items worth" however they can do it selling to other players. We need not add money to the economy when we are just going to be taking it away.

I was already contacted by one of them, his only reason for having a nation was that he wanted to create one. So i will repeat, Its not a question of who wants a nation that information is irrelevant. Unless someone can give some adequate reasons as to why nations should exist that system will not be implemented.

This was something that was discussed actually. The capital will be transferring no questions about that. However the topic of residence in the capital. We came to the conclusion that we may implement a "hotel" like structure where you can take up temporary residence. The reason for it being temporary is that we dont want to compete with towns and have a bunch of people living in the capital. However when you may be able to take up residence there on a week by week basis....for a price

LS98 and ngennaro like this.
  4. DukeTop

DukeTop

In-Game Name:
    DukeTop
  5. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Really?
    I don't want to be mean.
    But really?
    This is extremely last second for the inventory.
    People are mad.
    People are considering leaving server.

People who have donated, are considering other servers.
    People who were about to donate after reset are thinking about not donating.

This right here
    Use the link here to save your inventory! http://imdeity.com/portal/?go=transfer
    is......

What about the people who made their little inventories and can't log on for a Day?
    What about the people who don't know about the "nah you can only take like 1 of this and like 32 of that"

I know its a map reset and all.
    I know that "Its better than a clean start"
    Nothing new there.

My questions for the FAQ:
    Why are such changes being made so close to reset day when most people probably won't get this info?
    Why is something done that over Half the actual playerbase of ImDeity will not be happy with?
    Will people's comments about this "last second" change be ignored?
    -------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I love this server and its community, and I like most of the Staff.
    I'm just starting to wonder if it was actually a good idea to donate to such a server is all.
    And many people probably feel the same way.

When people log on after reset and check their inventory to see that they only have like 2 things that were saved, I assure you that many will leave the server.
    Hundreds of other servers are out there, and they would do anything to get some more players. Just seems like ImDeity server is doing the exact opposite.
    A similar thing happened on an old server of mine during a map reset. They lost most of their players through this kind of a mistake.
    Its just sad to see this happen again.

PS:
    Its not about the fact that you are not saving people's items.
    Its the fact that this feels like the players mean nothing to the server.

Edit:
    See? People are already liking this post.
    This is not just my opinion, but probably the opinion of most ImDeity players.

Edit2:
    Please don't delete post.
    See how people support this?
    See what I mean?
    This is bad for server.....

6. GooGooRecka

GooGooRecka

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    GooGooRecka

People have been figuring out there inventories ever since the map reset post came out. now everyone will have to re-do there inventories and take away items that they had been collecting to take to the map reset. eg- buenavista was taking about 10 stacks of glowstone (approximately 32k worth of glowstone) they had been collecting for there new spawn and orange had a whole full double chest of orange wool they were taking over.Also residents of Scarletdawn were taking over inventories of stone for the new spawn.I cant believe this.....

7. CTTheSchism

CTTheSchism

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CTTheSchism
    I support Frenchy1 and I'm sure if you asked around, most players would say the same. I love ImDeity and the first thing I was going to do was donate after the reset. I'm not trying to threaten you by saying "Oh I won't donate because you did this", that's not my intention, but I'm not sure about donating to a server that, it would seem, doesn't care about its players. Many veteran players feel neglected and feel as if you don't care about them (myself included).

I was, formally, an advocate of the "Clean Reset" idea, but now I'm not so sure. I think that something such as the map reset really needs to be handled delicately. You announced the Map Reset 2 weeks in advance, which was perfect! Yet this "item limit" is announced the day before...

Perhaps you can add an option to the shop to sell some of the items that we spent so much money on? (Specifically glowstone) Please reconsider, Staff of ImDeity.

Edit: Also, please do not delete these posts. If you feel they are in the wrong place, then move them. Deleting these posts is like silencing the voice of your players.

8. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    When i was told that we will get only 5-10% of our dei, it seemed to me similar to communist monetary reform in Czechoslovakia 1953 when many people lost almost all savings. And yet 36 hours before the reform president announced that no such thing will happen.
    People didnt have chance to get out of Czechoslovakia in 1953 because borders were fenced with barbed wire.

When i read item limits, posted in last day before reset, i see that we are getting back into communism... I like this server, i dont want to leave, but i dont want to live in communism either.

9. lotto_man030

lotto_man030

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    lotto_man030
    I also am with all the people supporting this, announcing this has made many people feel angry and neglected. And your right many people will probably start leaving.... -_-

GooGooRecka and CTTheSchism like this.
  10. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Like many others said, I do too oppose this late decision to limit such quantities of items before the day of the reset. I at first didn't even like the idea of a reset whatsoever, but when I thought of the great things it could bring, I favored it. I also didn't favor the whole "clean reset" and still don't. I respected the decision to reset as it had valid reasons to it and they gave us time to prepare. Before the announcement was even made, they gave a conformation that a reset was going to happen.

The thing is. like a few others, I actually started planning for my new town very early, this exact day one month go actually. I remember rumors of people being able to bring a double chest, I said OK, that'd be fine. Then the announcement was made that we could only bring an inventory full without all the valuables such as diamond. I at first also didn't like this but it too had valid reasons behind it. So, I just sucked it up and went on my way. I also liked it wasn't a complete reset and was tolerable. For the past few weeks waiting for this reset, I'm been managing the plans of my town and spent a lot of money, tine, and devotion into earning the items that I have today then what do they announce, these item limits...

I too respect the ImDeity staff and what the server has to bring but with this whole map reset the thing is, why don't we the people of the server have a say? I've been on this server not too long but a good amount of time and never felt so left out with things having to deal with this server. I remember when they added that hunger plugin people didn't like before 1.8. They didn't force it like they're now doing with this reset, they just took it out, because it seemed like a majority of players didn't like the decision. Why don't we have such a saying in things? Aren't the players what you care about?

I didn't mean to offend, threaten, or anger anybody with this post, but I just wanted to get my point across.

11. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    We were expecting some backlash on the limits. We've always warned from the time we announced the reset that the item transfer would be limited and only intended to give you a small boost after the reset. It was never meant to be something where you haul over a bunch of crap so you can sell it quickly. That's not much of a reset at all.

Here's the quote from original reset announcement:
    [certain items] "will not be allowed to be transferred as it would destabilize the economy with a flood of these items. The inventory's worth of items is mainly just to get you started on the new map a little faster."

^ This is exactly what we wanted to avoid.. 10 stacks of glowstone? 32,000 worth of glowstone? Double chest of orange wool? You really expected that much stuff to be transferred? What's the point of a money reset if people can just carry 30K worth of items in 10 slots with them (90,000+ Dei per person in a full inventory)?

My original plan was to do a full reset -- ie: no money transfer, no item transfer, no stats transfer. After literally weeks of discussing this with staff and a few players, we came to the partial money/item/stats transfer decision. This was not some flippant overnight decision.

Are some people going to be unhappy about some parts of this reset? Of course. Are some people going to be unhappy about a reset in the first place? Yes some will be and we always assumed there would be.

We're well aware some people will leave because of the reset and associated changes. It's unfortunate but it's impossible to make everyone happy.

12. GooGooRecka

GooGooRecka

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    GooGooRecka
    can you explain the late announcement though deity?

13. jeremysee

jeremysee

In-Game Name:
    jeremysee
    He said he spent time debating with he staff of what to be reset, Meetings ALWAYS take up a lot of time.

14. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    We've been working literally weeks on this reset rewriting entire plugins and creating entirely new ones from scratch (the Towny replacement for example) for this. While we would have liked to have finished these things sooner, this is a team of less than 10 people with 2 developers who all have a life outside of Minecraft. Not only that but we had to run the existing world and server while doing all the work for the reset.

We're not some salaried employees of a million dollar company that has dozens of employees that can get things done in a couple days.

15. zRations

zRations

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    zRations
    Although I am not a not a huge fan of the item limitations, it is necessary for the economy on the server. Sure I am mad that we cant take our double chest of orange wool for the new town of "Orange" but what is the point of a map reset if everything is pretty much handed right back to you. Like Deity said, you cant make everyone happy. After stating this, I would like to add that yes some people will leave but if you were a loyal member, you would see what needs to be done, needs to be done and will just take this as a small step in a long stair case.

You have to understand that everything that is done is done to better the server. I hope you all set aside the negative connotations of the "map reset" and replace them with the good ones. Rebuilding will take time that some people just don't have the patients for and I respect that. But on the other hand, like stated before, everything just cant be handed to you and working to achieve it is just part of the process. Give this time and I can assure you, the server will be flourishing in its glory once more.

16. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    After thinking for a few minutes and calming myself down, Deity you are right. I'm very foolish for what I said for not thinking it through but rather saying things at the heat of the moment. As Z said, the item limitations are necessary for the server's economy. What really is the point of a basic start over if we start with something we already have in great amounts? I've been collecting things for weeks and planning and this announcement still makes me a little upset but I've learn to accept this is for the best of the server and the server is what we love. You can never make every single person happy and besides, this will really show the true characters of the players. We're basically all going to be on even grounds, which is a good thing. This is going to be a long run starting from scratch but it's always worth it at the end when you take a harder route where you're out your comfort area and having to be innovative concerning things.

I still respect the decisions this staff makes. This is really the only server I've come to love. My time on this server has been great and I hope for it to be even better after the reset. Think long term, months from now, how would you see yourself on this server as a player? Would you feel the same if you basically cheated yourself bringing such great quantity of items and instead of earning it on the new map? Don't things just seem much more merrier when you put such great effort and you come out successful? And BTW, Deity, I don't think I will ever know how much effort you have put in this server with your staff. I just know it's probably more than I can imagine. You're a great server owner and I don't think you get that enough. You and your staff are great people.

17. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    that is cool imdeity and i respect that. I just have a few things to say. First, i am ok with the item limit, but i think this is to short notice. Today i was at a hotel with minecraft, and got my inventory ready. when i got home, with a computer my aunt is reluctant to let me use, i saw the item limit. i was ok with it, until i READ it. this leads to my next thing. it is ok that we dont get a full inven of glowstone. what i think is wrong is the fact that i can bring 8 diamond shovels/swords/picks/hoes/axes, but i cannt even bring 32 melon seeds? i mean, come on, that much diamond tools and armor, but i can only bring 8 melon seeds? i dont really care about the limits, but i ask you just this, increase melon seed/pumpkin/jack o lantern seed capasity. i will stick with this server forever, but it sadens me to think who will leta total of 40 diamond tools not including armor, and yet i am not allowed to bring a stack of melon seeds. thank you for spending your time reading this, and i hope it is carried thorough

p.s. if this is not possible, please tell me why.

18. ryancjj

ryancjj

In-Game Name:
    ShisuiM
    I think its mentioned before by one of the mods in game that if they suddenly increase the limit it would be unfair for people who already save their items. Cause of that the item limit must remain the same.

19. GooGooRecka

GooGooRecka

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    GooGooRecka
    ye after thinking it through i guess its needed for the economy and i take back my last comment.Thankyou for all the time and effort you put into the server.

20. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Ok, if that is what needs to be. also, if i dont save my inven, will it all get reset?