1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Problems

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by SharpyArcher, January 12, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this thread? Plase participate in the poll.

Poll closed January 26, 2016.
  1. Allow Fire.

40.0%
  2. No Fire.

60.0%
  3. Neutral

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    There are some things that I don't understand with this server. I am trying to go to the nether, but sadly I can't make a portal because of the "No Fire" plugin. So now I can not only not go to the nether, but this renders all netherrack useless. I really want to get a potion brewing lab set up in my house but I cannot find any blaze rods in the mall, and I cannot get them manually. This makes it impossible for me to make potions or sell potions and renders all fire resistance potions extremely rare but utterly useless. This also makes some fire resistance enchantments useless and It is now impossible to obtain wither skulls for decoration. I know that in at least my town, Caldera you cannot change anything about someone else's plot of land, so the "no fire" plugin is useless. Please get rid of the "No Fire" Plugin.

2. CiljaW

CiljaW

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CiljaW
    Most of the nether items can be crafted by using these recipes: Recipes
    The exception it glowstone, which can be bought at /go shop. (Glowstone dust is also occasionally dropped by witches).

Fire, for use in decoration, can be obtained by having an admin place it for you, in exchange for some payment.

3. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Nether is disabled anyways, and you can craft blaze rods using the custom crafting recipies

Edit- Aw beat me to it

CiljaW likes this.
  4. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    All right I'll use the recipes, but I still think it's a stupid part of the server

heinz_gruber likes this.
  5. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    would you rather have nice, safe, recipies or get mauled by ghasts in the nether?

6. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi SharpyArcher,

I had a look using the Search function, however I could not find a sufficiently concise up-to-date post to explain the reasons behind why the Nether is disabled. Ciljaw and Fiver have already explained a little but I'd like to clarify a bit more.

The 'stupid part of the server' exists because people have a way of abusing and misusing things.

The 'No Fire' plugin is so people don't spam fire, especially in the Wilderness, for the purposes of griefing and causing lag, similar to the restrictions we have on placing water. If anyone wants to place Fire, for things such as fireplaces, they can contact Vershye through a conversation, with the prices in the Official Unofficial Admin Price Guide. Perhaps sometime in the future, it might be a possibility that placing fire could be added to a very high rank of Craftsman.

The Nether is disabled for 3 main reasons.

Firstly, griefing potential of Nether Portals. Place a Portal in the Nether world, it appears somewhere in the Main world. This could be used to get access to areas where otherwise people are not welcome, especially griefers.

Secondly, the Nether world would get absolutely mined out as soon as people were out of the protected spawn area. Since most of the Nether is made from Netherrack, we would have huge 'noob holes' and constant complaints that 'I can't find anything'.

Lastly, to tie in with my second point, the Main world would be absolutely flooded with Netherrack. It would be worth nothing, or as close to nothing as we can get, similar to Dirt.

I would like to add that The Nether and fire placement is enabled in the PvP world.

Many thanks,
    Seph

Last edited: January 13, 2016
    asdfjkll2 likes this.
  7. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    As I remember, 4 years ago, this was a much debated topic and i think Deitys statement on this was that it causes a lot of lag on the server as well. Don;t you think that these 2 points contradict each other? If netherrack is cheap people wont dig for it that much, it will be comparable to the sandstone/sand mining in mining world.

8. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    I don't think they contradict each other. Let's say the Nether was enabled. People need to dig through Netherrack to find the other stuff in the Nether, and because like 98% of The Nether is made from it, it would eventually flood the Main server economy. People would complain that it was worth almost nothing and we'd respond that's because it requires little to no effort to obtain.

Many thanks,
    Seph

9. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    But if you make the nether a mining world, that would solve the noob hole problem.

10. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    How would that solve it? As I said in my previous posts, like 98% of The Nether is made from Netherrack and people would mine it as soon as they were out of the protected spawn. We've already seen the landscape on regular Mining world.

Many thanks,
    Seph

Blackesy likes this.
  11. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    I think that the "Mauled by ghasts" part is a reason why I want to go to the nether. It maes the nether challenging and fun in a sense, and if people don't like the nether monsters, then hey, put it on peaceful noobs.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  12. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    so you just want more things to fight basically?

13. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    And this totally works on a multiplayer server how? Just because a player sets their client to peaceful, it doesn't change a thing on the server.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  14. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Just give high-tier craftsmen the ability to place fire and lava. Anyone who uses this with malintent can be banned just like any other griefer would. Chances are most people who would plan to use fire and lava for bad uses are the people who won't stick around, raise the money, and spend the time to reach the proper rank of craftsmen. So why in the world is this not already a thing?

15. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    That's kind of what I'm saying. But Fire placement should be free

16. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I'm sorry, but it will never be free. We don't want a world covered in fire. IF it gets added, it will be for the highest craftsman rank (3 or 4, can't remember the highest), and it will still cost to place.

Until that ever happens, the price was determined by smc, so him or Deity will have to be approached about any cost changes to the list. -> Official Unofficial Admin Price Guide.

Qazz, CiljaW and asdfjkll2 like this.