1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Dozer's Guide to making Dei!

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by OoDozerxBoyoO, January 10, 2012.

?

Did this guide help you?

1. Yes.

61.3%
  2. No.

15.3%
  3. Kinda.

23.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Hello and welcome to my guide, i will be telling you how to make Dei fast on Deity, some of my tips are probably old news to some of you but i bet they all won't be.​
    *I update this every chance i get! Also the guide does not end on this post, scroll down to the first six posts to see everything!
    Table of Contents:
    1. Voting.​
    2. Trading.​
    3. Mining.​
    4. Jobs.​
    5. Auctioning.(Not just for vendors.)​
    6. Quests.​
    7. Donating.​
    1. Voting.
    Now let's get started, the most basic way of making Dei on the server is to vote, by voting for diamonds or voting threw player portal for 200 Dei, both really good ways to earn a few bucks to your goal.​
    2. Trading.
    The most used way of making money is trading. by typing /trade and what you are selling, it tells the whole server what you are selling meaning you have a high chance of selling your items. Also keep your eye out on /trade because you might find someone selling something you want for very cheap or something very cheap anyway that you can buy and make money off of, or someones buying one of your items for asking price or more.​
    3. Mining.
    A way that is popular to all is mining, you get a pick and you mine down until you find rare ores that you can use to make things or sell. A popular place of mine to mine is y8.6(Press f3 to view coordinates.), Because there you tend to find a-lot of gold and diamond.​
    *If your able to mine if gold, it goes directly to your online vault so you can sell and buy it there!
    4. Jobs.
    Another good way to make money is by doing odd jobs in the server for people, i've seen a-lot of people in trade ask for jobs to do or jobs to be done. It's good pay and it's a great way to make friends. But understand don't do a job or ask for a job done by someone that has bad rep, you might end up getting scammed for stole from, but if you do remember to take screen shots.​
    5. Auctioning.
    Auctioning is one of my favorite ways to make money, now that i'm a vendor and before i was, because you don't have to pay normal buy price for most items, but that being said a-lot of people on the server will pay more than normal buy price because you can sell it larges quantities. But remember auctioning is very up and down when it comes to making money, i suggest waiting till you know it's going to be a low buy or until there isn't a whole lot of people on the server so you don't have much competition. But after you buy something for cheap in auction, all you gotta do is go to trade and sell the item for normal or more its normal price.​
    If you are a vendor or diamond donor or above you can go to imdiety.com/portal/auction/ you can create and bid on auctions there! It is very simple to use and a great way to earn money just make sure you know average prices so you can buy low and sell high!​
    6. Quests. (Will be fixed soon!)​
    7. Donating.
    Another way to make a bunch of money in a matter of seconds is donating! Not only are you making a bunch of Dei, but you are helping the server stay up! You get special perks such as a Magic carpet, colored name, the ability to set home and much more! Although in order to get perks you have to donate a set amount. The lowest you can donate and receive perks is 20$ and that is the VIP package, for more information on donating click "Donate!" near the top of your browser.​
    -Dozer​

2. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    The reason i made a new thread is becuase you have a chracter limit in each post you have, so to put it short, in order for me to continue helping you i need more space, i so made a new thread and reserved some posts for future use!

And to everyone who posted and saw the last guide, i'd like to apologize for moving it but i had to in order for me to further help you with your Dei making needs!

Table of Contents:
    8. Being a certain class.​
    9. PvP.​
    10. Events.​
    11. Farming.​
    12. Enchanting.​
    8. Being a certain class.
    In Imdeity you have three classes you can be: Merchant, Craftsman, and Nobility. Each with there own special perks which make them really easy to make money in there own way. One class can make money faster than the other but it doesn't mean it makes as much so don't pick the class just because it makes quick money. Also each class has different ranks to it such as Merchant - Trader or Craftsman - Laborer, with each rank you get more perks.
    I am going to list each class, its ranks, and ways to make money with it below.
    Merchant:
    Ranks:
    Merchant - Trader
    Merchant - Vendor

Info about the class:
    The Merchant class its self is pretty explanatory, this class is the money making class, i'm not saying it's the best for making money but it is quite useful, not just in making money for you but for your town also.

Ways to make money:
    One perk of the class is that you are given one auction a day that you can auction off a certain item and a certain amount to the whole server and they can bid on it from the portal page(http://imdeity.com/portal/auction/), but sadly you have to be the highest Merchant rank, Merchant - Vendor.(As of map reset you will not be able to auction for a while, today's date is 1/9/2012 so let's hope that's back up soon.) Another great way is that you will be able to make a player shop at /go mall that the whole server can access, but you have to be the highest rank so far, Merchant - Vendor.(There is a mall shop auction that will be held in order for you to get a player shop so just because you have this perk does not mean you for sure get to use it.)

Craftsman:
    Ranks:
    Craftsman - Worker
    Craftsman - Laborer

Info about the class:
    The Craftsman class is the skilled builders of the server, they are able to place things that none of the other classes can if they haven't purchased a build permit and do so at a lower cost per block and at a higher rank for nothing, not to mention they can create lift's which are very useful in building in higher places or if you need a vertical teleport.

Ways to make money:
    The Craftsman class if the perfect job class, they can be hired to place lifts for people or certain blocks that they cannot place without going through the process to get a build permit, it's really great for the Craftsman because they get paid per block and if they are the highest rank it's pure profit pure block or else you would have to pay a small fee to place it. Another great thing is that they have a higher MCMMO drop chance which means they have a much better chance at finding rare drops from mining or excavating and selling it to people who need it and cannot find it on there own.

Nobility:
    Ranks:
    Nobility - Squire
    Nobility - Lord

Info about the class:
    The Nobility class is the perfect class for making a town, because they have huge reduction on town costs and make money off the towns taxes, not to mention they access to a log tool that allows them to check if someone has stolen from a chest or griefed something.

Ways to make money:
    This class makes it's money off of it's town, although you maybe could make a bit of money checking a log for someones chest but that really isn't your job to check if some random has been stole from. There main way of making money however is thought your towns tax, you will make that money by how many hours you play at a period of time, which means you make an hourly paycheck for just sitting there. (However you only make money if you are the assistant or mayor of your town.)

For more information about classes please visit the ImDeity guide for classes here: http://imdeity.com/wiki/class/

9. PvP/Player Vs. Player:
    Another great way to earn a bunch of Dei is through PvP, although you are not making Dei it's self you are getting item's that you can sell for Dei later on down the road. I would also like to add you can lose it just as good if you are not careful! How you make money through PvP is quite simple, you kill someone and they drop all of there items they have in there inventory so that means whatever they drop is yours for the taking! There are many ways to kill someone in PvP, but a great way to do it without a high chance of you losing your items too, is to wait until someone goes into PvP and go in after, after they have started there fight and kill him and his combatant, leaving both of there inventory's on the ground for your taking, after that quickly use /go pvp to get out of the arena and take a good look at the treasures you have just obtained. Use that trick a little bit into the fight so you know they will not have enough HP to turn around and kill you. But please remember this trick is very shameful and very cruel to do to someone so i don't recommend it, i recommend fighting in a hand to hand fight. Either way just make sure you, aren't the one dying and i'm sure you will make a lot of Dei selling the items you have obtained by killing others in the arena!
    10. Events:
    Events are a great way to make a massive amount of Dei in a short amount of time, although you will have to be skilled at the event because your fighting against other members of the server to see who is the best. There are currently three events you can participate in, although they do not happen often they are still a great way to make Dei!Here is a list of Events, how often they occur, how to get in them and how much Dei you can make!
    PvP Event:
    Every Saturday at 4pm EST.
    You can enter it by typing /go pvpsignup
    You get Dei based on what place you get in PvP, although you only get Dei if you place 1st 2nd or 3rd.
    1st place prize: 6000 Dei
    2nd place prize: 4000 Dei
    3rd place prize: 2000 Dei
    Spleef Event:
    Every Wednesday at 7pm EST.
    You can enter it by typing /go spleefsignup
    You get Dei the same way as you do PvP.
    1st place prize: 3000 Dei
    2nd place prize: 2000 Dei
    3rd place prize: 1000 Dei
    Deity Games:​
    Everyday, and depending on the sign-ups every hour.​
    You can enter it by typing /go games​
    You get Dei only if you win.​
    If you win you get: 500 Dei.​
    * In order to signup you have to vote so remember to do so!

11. Farming:
    Farming is an excellent way to make Dei, whether your being paid to tend the farm or making a huge one and selling all the crops. There are many types of farming out there: Exp Farming, Tree Farming, Bread Farming, and etc. In this section i will be talking more about plants, e.g. Wheat. Wheat is an excellent way to farm because it's easy to grow and you can make a very easy automatic farm so that it's less work, and you get a lot more a lot faster, with just a simple water bucket! But in order to make most automatic farms you are going to need blocks only craftsman can place and it will cost you a bit of money, but you will earn much more in the long haul! Also farms can also be sold for ton's of money if you don't want to harvest! e.g. Kaninator1 Build an exp farm and sold it's coordinates for 2k. So if your done with farming sell the farm and cash out big time! (The last idea was brought to me by Kaninator1, and this is me crediting him!)

12. Enchanting:
    Enchanting is one of the best ways to earn tons of money fast, although if you are not careful you can lose a ton in the process, it's a huge gamble because you don't know what you are going to get. But with the right enchant you can easily make 4-10k and maybe even more!
    *There are some requirements to Enchanting, read them here. (ImDeity Enchanting Wiki)

squince22, Leo and Daysies like this.
  3. Zaldra

Zaldra

In-Game Name:
    Zaldra
    Thankyou for the guide Dozer, it really helped me :)

4. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    No problem! I hope it helps everyone that sees it!

5. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    Further to #6: I was looking into it the other day when I had some spare time and a flock had spawned right by me. These points may be helpful to add to the breeding section of the guide:
    • Adult sheep can breed once per 5 minutes. After breeding, they will not accept more wheat until 5 minutes have passed.
    • Baby sheep take 20 minutes to grow up into adult sheep. They can only be shorn after they have grown.
    • The parents will follow their lamb for the full 20 minutes, or until hit once. They will not accept wheat while they are following the lamb.
    • Don't distract/kill parent sheep by hitting them too hard - your fist is preferred to your diamond sword! (You can hit them more times before killing them, which means more breeding from them.)
    • Sheep, despite following the wheat in your hand, are DIM! Frequently they will run around looking for another sheep in love instead of kissing the one right next to them. *headdesk*
    The same applies to all other breedable mobs. It's more efficient in food terms to use wheat on breeding meat animals than baking bread, although I don't know what the market is like for meat. I'd expect it to be quite good though?

Personally, I would love it if everyone would breed mobs they find before killing them, it would certainly help the rest of us! :} Even if only sometimes. I probably only remember to 1 time in 5!

OoDozerxBoyoO likes this.
  6. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO

Thank you, i have added that to the Guide. I appreciate your addition!

7. Mitzuki_Tsukashi

Mitzuki_Tsukashi

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Mitzuki_Tsukashi
    yeah but with the world save every 20 minutes, breeding becomes ineficcient. nice job though with listing all the ways to make money, i found it helpful.

8. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
  9. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Thank you, I'm really trying to help people! I appreciate the feedback and by the way that's not all the ways so stay posted, because i will find more! :D

I don't entirely get this, but i'm thinking you are referring to the guide set up, and if that's the case my guide has many more ways of making money and is more In-game friendly than the already set up guide, although i'm not putting my guide above it, you should refer to the server's guide first! Before you look at mine!

10. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    I think it's load-dependent how often they are. I've been on early in the day (UK time) with no restarts, and then had them hourly or more in the evenings. I assumed it was down to memory leaks, i.e. the longer it runs (and the more people on / more it's used in that time) the more server resources are taken up & the sooner it needs restarting.

I was able to breed a few sheep recently - I didn't have them penned in, so they eventually wandered off but I had about 3 generations of young 'uns, so that was a substantial chunk of extra wool I wouldn't have had otherwise.

11. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Nice job Dozer, though I believe I might have seen this elsewhere... but nonetheless, it was very well done ^.^... Kudos - Qazz

12. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    You also have to count in the Despawn times, which occur quite often! But either way, your a really good wool farmer!

Could it of been my previous guide? Haha, but thanks i appreciate the feedback, and am very glad you liked it!

13. awaldie

awaldie

In-Game Name:
    awaldie
    I loved this guide it helped me make 200 dei!!!!

14. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    That makes me so happy! I hope it continues to help you make Dei throughout your entire stay on ImDeity! Thanks for the feedback, by the way!

15. kicks111

kicks111

In-Game Name:
    kicks111
    I haven't earned any money from this guide yet, but once I am a vendor it will help a lot. Thx for posting this useful guide.

16. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Oh really? What just have you used out of the guide because i will be here if you need some further explanation! Just tell me and ill try and help you!

17. kicks111

kicks111

In-Game Name:
    kicks111
    I just saw it yesterday that's why

18. OoDozerxBoyoO

OoDozerxBoyoO

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    OoDozerxBoyoO
    Still you said it Didn't help at all? How so?

19. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Probably because he's only known about it for 1 day, and so hasn't had a chance to really use any of the advice found in it would be my guess.

20. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    Hey, Dozer - as of 1.1, sheep will eat grass and regain their wool! *cheers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.