1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Collections, rare items, gifts

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by BarryX15, May 28, 2016.

?

What do you value, collect, brag with, or give to friends as presents?

1. Music discs

36.4%
  2. Brewing ingredients, potions

13.6%
  3. Rare armor (gold, chainmail), enchanted stuff

45.5%
  4. Signed books, maps

31.8%
  5. Horses, horse armor, nametags, saddles

13.6%
  6. Spawn eggs

9.1%
  7. Fireworks

9.1%
  8. Other (please explain in a post)

31.8%
  9. I just rename whatever item to make it more valuable

9.1%
  10. Nothing special - Building materials are better than rare stuff

22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Something else than Dei...

Who remembers?
    - There were no enchants in Beta times. Having no Silk Touch to break ore blocks, ores were among most valuable items, and one piece of any ore was worth few hundred Dei.
    - There were no cocoa beans growing in jungles before 1.3 update. Who remembers selling or buying 1 cookie for 100 Dei and a stack of brown wool for 500-ish?
    - How much would glowstone cost if we could mine it from the Nether? And what value would gold have if we could trade it?
    - Collecting Music discs is kind of sport and gamble, even if you know how to make skeleton kill a creeper, you get random music disc, usually not the last one missing in your collection. Collecting chainmail armor is easier, but if you want super enchanted set, it can take a while. Yet, music discs weren't always obtainable, and crafting chainmail armor from fire? It really was a thing.
    - Spawn Eggs can be thrown on the ground to spawn a mob or put into an item frame to show off, but they cannot be obtained in vanilla survival.
    - Potions, fireworks, party time, dont mix cacti with puffers!
    - Have you ever written a book for someone? Or made a map? Then you know that it takes time, and time is money.
    - Have you ever colored/renamed a set of leather armor? Have you ever lost the name and color when you took it to mining world?
    - Some players like to have a horse. Some players like to have more horses. And then..... It takes lot of time and resources to breed fast horse with desired color. And it takes even more time to get over losing it because of a creeper. But diamond horse armor was soo expensive.

...yes, expensive stuff. Is there someone who collects it? Is there someone who gives it to friends as presents? What do you do when the value goes up or down depending on minecraft or server plugin updates? Would you like to have a way to get more rare stuff? What way and what stuff would it be?

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    And to start suggesting other items, i love to collect player heads - thanks for making them available through special crafting recipe!

The really special thing about heads of other players is that you have to ask them to craft a head for you. It may cost a lot of diamonds and emeralds, but i happily bring them, because friendship is priceless!

2016-05-28_11.19.41.png

2016-05-28_11.20.04.png

HaydoJ, legoazurp, ngennaro and 6 others like this.
  3. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I think I definitely like maps the best. It's so interesting to me that the game can generate a pixel representation of itself and store it as a texture on a block. Other than that, I think I want to collect one each of every item. I don't mean all variations of every item, basically just all the building blocks readily available. Right now I am beginning a massive vine farm to create mossy cobble and mossy stone bricks to decorate with. Cracked stone bricks are on my list of blocks to collect in bulk as well.

Making heads costs 40 diamonds and 40 emeralds. Market price right now is probably about 3000 dei each. That's too much for me. :3

Honestly the thing I probably collect the most from this server is screenshots of builds. <3

Savie2424, ngennaro, Viaire and 3 others like this.
  4. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I like this thread and the whole idea of collectibles. I was kinda disappointed about how little love "Collecting" received in my survey thread, but still, I have added a little thing for collectors in the last update to the custom recipes (would be awesome if you could let me know how you like it) and I have ideas for more, in case this works well.

Now responding to the thread, I collect music discs, rare gold/chain armor (which weren't rare and now should be rare again) and my favorite collection is made of random renamed items I get from people in the most different situations, and some items I rename myself to remind me of the story behind them.
    I don't have that many this map, but last map I had a bunch of them, including a bottle of a special mead made by Eeaakk, of which we drank together in an old tavern (and just did it again last week); a super rare Deity cookie, given to me by Deity after I badmouthed Gwen's cookies in favor of his; and also a bottle of the very special "Barriated Water" (you don't want to know the story behind this).
    I also had a museum that was basically a collection of paintings and rare blocks.

5. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    I like new recipe additions, got Ace of Spades already, unfortunately i would prefer Fortune on it :)

Just an inspiration, here is my best axe, so your Dwarven Axe better match it:
    thorax.png
    I have also tried adding Looting and Fire Aspect books, but they don't work on axes in survival mode.

asdfjkll and Driver_X like this.
  6. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Hm, I should name my weapons... although my pickaxes mean more to me lol.

7. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    When you go to /mine it will take the name of so before you waste levels read this.

MasahiroRina likes this.
  8. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I forgot about that, thank you. :)

9. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    I like collecting: Heads, Banners, Rare building materials, Special player artifacts, plots, and My Armors and Diamonds. I love bragging about them.

BarryX15 likes this.
  10. Smartness

Smartness

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Marluxia
    I've got a bit of a beacon collection going.

[​IMG]

About 5 of these were bought from others and the rest are the product of recycling 14,110 diamond tools. Roulette recipes are fun! :D

JWCuber, HaydoJ, SharpyArcher and 2 others like this.
  11. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Wow. That's ridiculous.

12. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I like collecting memories, they tend to survive resets.

13. JWCuber

JWCuber

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    JWCuber
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like in my treasure chest, lol

Last edited: August 21, 2016
    HaydoJ, asdfjkll and BarryX15 like this.