1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Citizen Rank in towns

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by BarryX15, September 12, 2014.

1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Current situation:
    Residents have full permissions (Access+Use+Edit) to their plot only unless they are added to someone's friendlist.
    Assistants have full permissions to all plots in the town and also the town portal page on the website.

But there is a group of people who are great builders but are not interested in recruiting/selling plots/doing more assistant duties. Take Strydier in old BV as the perfect example of such builder who was given asisstantship primarily to be just able to build on town plots.

How to give these builders full building power without thewm having to deal with recruiting/plot claiming/other assistant duties? Give them the Citizen rank.

Citizen rank should allow to have full permissions (Access+Use+Edit) to town plots without giving any permissions to resident plots (they would still have to ask to be added to friendlists). Having a Citizen rank in /res info can also tell others that this person is trusted by others.

Citizens use no special commands. Changes in existing commands would be:
    /t promote promotes the Resident to Citizen, then Citizen to Assistant, then Assistant to Senior Assistant. Mayor can promote all ranks, Senior Assistant can promote Residents and Citizens only.
    /t demote works the same way, demotes Senior Assistant to Assistant, then Assistant to Citizen and finally Citizen to Resident. Mayor can demote all ranks, Senior Assistant can demote Assistants and Citizens only.

Citizens would belong to TS permission group on town plots and to T permission group on resident-owned plots.

tOPIV, The_Yogs, ngennaro and 10 others like this.
  2. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I don't think that this is much called for, you might be the only town mayor who requests this. Most towns let their assistants build/ their builders assist and so far there have been no problems with that. And if there is someone like Strydier who only likes to build, then he won't use the commands and permissions that he doesn't need.

melvin484 likes this.
  3. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    example 1:

[TC] player1: Hello! can someone help me to get a plot?
    [TC] [Asst] player2: Hello, wait for an assistant to come online.
    [TC] player1: But... you are assistant??
    [TC] [Asst] player2: Nope, im just builder.

example 2:

[TC] player1: Hello! can someone help me to get a plot?
    [TC] [Asst] player2: Hello, nobody able to help is online atm.

it may be a bit exaggerated but it may also be the reason why we cannot keep people playing here for longer time.

Edit:
    In Creative, first rank is rather easy and then it goes gradually harder. In Main, its very easy to join a town and become a resident but then its too hard to get assistantship - and after that, ranking up further is easier again. There is a reason for it as other resident's property should be safe and you dont know if you can promote new people, however this big challenge is discouraging. If we would have Citizen as some promotion in towns which doesnt affect resident plots, there would be more time to see if the person is assistant-worthy.

Last edited: September 12, 2014
  4. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Idk about that, the reason i am dropping away slowly but surely is more to do with the fact that either a bunch of my friends have been banned, or got bored and left themselves. This is not a call to unban people, but it is a factor on how when you have less friends online than you used to have, it is not as fun. Looking back when we had literally loads of active staff members and Deity was always around and doing stuff, it made the place more exciting for me. Idk i just feel like the current community is nothing but a shadow of its former glory. Players come back from long periods of inactivity but do not suddenly become active, personally i think the hub is a bigger problem of why players dont come back, if someone gets sent to hub, main comes back online but it takes far too long to teleport players back. And just going by memory, before we had a hub world we were very active. Since hub was added in my opinion players have become less and less. Not stating this as fact, but it sure seems that way, hence i blame the hub for everything. not the actual hub world, but the fact that we use one.

But back on topic, i can see why you would like this feature, i myself was in old Buena and know all too well the example you gave regarding builders such as Strydier.
    If it helps, then why not?

BarryX15 likes this.
  5. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    We started to have a hub to prevent people from leaving to play elsewhere while the main world was restarting. However i believe those people would stay longer if they were able to help more in towns, and back in BV times the usual reply for those who werent assistants was "go to mining world, mine some gold, sell it, donate to town bank". It could be another stuff but still, people want to build, they want to build together, and i dont remember a single active town with plot permissions letting all residents to build.

EmotionOfRage and heinz_gruber like this.
  6. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Yeah i agree, i also think that if people want to leave they will just disconnect, it would bother me less if the games portal actually led somewhere. I just hate being stuck in /hub especially when my time is limited and i am trying to complete the wall project.
    And compared to how long the server takes to restart, we spend far too long in hub.

7. AtomicArtist

AtomicArtist

I like this idea.

I know I personally used to play quite a bit several months ago. I joined a town, built up my house, went mining some, checked out other peoples builds, etc. Then I started to get bored. I had built about as much as I could on my house without it getting ridiculous, and short of tearing the whole thing down and building a new one, I didn't really have much to entertain me on the server. My main enjoyment is building. Once I didn't really have anything to build my interest waned. I ended up having some rough personal stuff happen (my dad passed away earlier this year) and I quit gaming for awhile. I am now back, and am giving the server another try. Thankfully the mayor of my town is awesome and she gave me a new plot to build a new house on (where I will be donating my old one to the town) so that I can have something new and fun to build. Once my new house is finished I fear I will fall into the same rut as before.

I know town positions shouldn't be handed out willy nilly, but it would be good to have some lower level positions available that make people feel important in the town. In my case, I am not really interested in assigning plots, etc. I've done it before on other servers, and while it was fun for a time it isn't something I'm really interested in doing anymore. There are likely many other people out there who would love to help their town by building things where needed, and a position such as this would be perfect.

When people feel important and needed to their towns, they will tend to stick around more. This could help bring the number of active players on the server back up. I'm not saying it would be a major impact, but it could help.

8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Dude sorry to hear of your loss.

9. AtomicArtist

AtomicArtist

Thank you. It has been a hard year, but I know everything gets better in time.

10. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    you seem to be coping better than i would. i would totally go off the rails like a crazy train.

11. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    I personally really like this idea. As a mayor, I can't go promoting everyone who wants to build a new horse stable to assistant. But I don't want to have to unclaim the plot they want to work on or add them to my friends list. You would be surprised how often this has happened to me and would be really awesome if it was implemented. Great idea barry :p

BarryX15 likes this.
  12. supk

supk

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    supk
    This is an interesting idea. I think that it would have many uses and agre with it, however, if you are an assistant you are relied upon by the mayor to help the town, if you fail to do this, you should be demoted.

13. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber

In short Barry wants to distinguish citizens from peasants and let them have build perms that peasants would not have. xD

14. Leo_098

Leo_098

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Leo_098
    I love this idea. Keep working on it!

15. Honeydewx3

Honeydewx3

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Honeydewx3
    No, I am the Peasident, thou shall not take thy peasants. :D