1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

All-Star PvP Event Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by AlmightyCobra, July 3, 2012.

1. AlmightyCobra

AlmightyCobra

In-Game Name:
    CobraTheAlmighty
    Hello fellow ImDeity Kingdoms members.

For a couple of months I have thought about something new that should be added to the PvP Event. Something that a lot of people would like. My thought was an All-Star PvP Event.

NOTE: I have searched in the search bar and did not see a suggestion for this.

What's this?

This event is a PvP Event basically, but it will be an event that is different. The competitors who have finished in the top 3 in at least one PvP Event in the year 2012 (not 2011) will be invited to an special event where the best pvpers can fight to see who is the best of all on this server.

Who are eligible?

These are the qualifications for the people who are eligible for this event.

1. Must be a resident of a town. (so the person can represent the town in the event, kinda like Hunger Games when someone represents a district)
    2. Must have a portal account on the website. (this is pretty important so we can contact you in conversation for updates)
    3. Must have finished in the Top 3 in any PvP Event this year (if you finished in the top 3 in the PvP Event last year but not this year, that doesn't count since the wiki doesn't have record of the top 3 from last year) If you want to check if you finished in the top 3 in the PvP Event this year, click here
    4. Must be active on the server (so we can have many people participate in this event)

What about the other people who aren't eligible?

For 3 weeks, there will be 3 PvP Events. It will be at regular time, same time at 4pm EST. It will just be a regular same old PvP Event. If anyone of you finish in the top 3 if you have already passed the first second and fourth qualification, then you will be eligible for the All-Star PvP Event. Also, for the people who have qualified for the All-Star PvP Event already, you are not allowed to enter for these next 3 events.

How will this event be setup?

I'm thinking that there should be a special command that only people who are eligible for the All-Star PvP Event. Only those people are allowed to use that command. There will be a special huge arena in the event world where all the people will be fighting in. I was also thinking that the people of this server should have a say in what armor and weapon the people of the All-Star PvP Event should use for this event (no potions or enchantments though). There will be 5 Segments in this event (or shorter if there are not a lot of people in the event). Each segment will have a different theme the people of the server have chosen. When every segment is over until the last segment, a number of people will be out of the competition for not making the amount of points to move on. There will be 3 rounds for every segment, this is how the points system should go for every round. To keep track of the people who finished in every segment, I would suggest adding in the people who die in the chat for example, Player 1 died.

1st: 10 points
    2nd: 8 points
    3rd-4th: 6 points
    5th-10th: 4 points
    11th-15th: 2 points
    15th-20th (or another number if many people participate): 0 points

If not a lot of people participate then it should be

1st: 8 points
    2nd: 6 points
    3rd-5th: 4 points
    6th-10th: 2 points
    11th-15th (or another number): 0 points

1st: 5 points
    2nd: 3 points
    3rd-6th: 1 point
    7th-10th (or another number): o points

What are the prizes?

This is what the prizes should be.

1st Overall: 20k and 5 stacks of diamonds (or less) and statue built in their honor around spawn area and town (if person moves to another town, the statue will stay in their town when they won)
    2nd Overall: 18k and 3 stacks of diamonds (or less) and statue built in their honor in their town
    3rd Overall: 15k and 1 stack of diamonds (or less) and statue built in their honor in their town

Winner of a segment: 6k (or less)
    2nd place of segment: 4k (or less)
    3rd place of segment: 2k (or less)

Winner of a round in segment: 2k (or less)
    2nd place of a round in segment: 1k (or less)
    3rd place of a round in segment: 500 (or less)

Participation Award: 500 (or less)

NOTE: There will be updates when I feel like that something is missing or if I'm going to take out something that isn't important. If you have any questions feel free to post in this thread and I will answer them.

NOTE: I know this might or might not happen now or ever, but it is a good suggestion for sometime.

-CobraTheAlmighty

xxgoofxx7 and lilgrubs like this.
  2. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    This is too excluse immo... Give the pvp beasts more cash.

Also the price money, 2k for a round, so if you win let's say 2 rounds, 2 segments and 1 times overall, you got:

36k + 5 stacks of diamonds (or less)

Any event can't take more then 2 hours of pure event-time, you can't expect everyone or the largest part of people to be available for much longer.

2 hours, 36k, that's ALOT.

If you wanted to let the event take more days, it would just be a LARGELY extended pvp event, that would get very boring for contestants and watchers. Apart from the fact that a staff member needs to manage this, minimaly Deity and someone to do the count-downs.

3. AlmightyCobra

AlmightyCobra

In-Game Name:
    CobraTheAlmighty
    I know that the prizes would be a bit high, that's why I put "(or less)" by the side. The diamonds prizes would be something I can take out.

The reason why this event is not going to give all the best pvpers the money is because I suggested that for 3 (or more) regular events, the people who finish in the top 3 would get qualified. Who knows, there could be someone who is not that good in pvp that is in the finals. I may want to change that to people who finish in the finals. I'll think about it.

I also understand that the event may take a long time to finish. I was thinking about making the event a bit shorter with a shorter number of segments and rounds. Another thought that this event would start earlier, maybe 1pm or 2pm EST, but then there is the people who live in different timezones that may not make it to the event. That's another problem.

Also, I'm not planning on suggesting that the event would be on more than 1 day.

This isn't a finalized suggestion, this is still going to be updated.

Thank you for your criticism.